Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its is time to redo the seats, they are in really bad shape.

1 - I have done a ton of research on the forums, so I have an idea of what needs to be done, but if there are any tips or tricks, please let me know.
2 - I was thinking of getting the leather covers from lseat.com does anyone have any experience with them? good ? bad?

Thanks for the help!

Avi

(1986 Spider Veloce)

·
Premium Member
1968 1750 Roundtail Spider Euro version
325 Posts
Take them to an upholsterer and have them make replacement sections? then recolor to match?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your seats look like mine when I bought my car. I bought new seat bottom foam from IAP (now Centerline), then took it to an auto upholstery shop. They recovered the seat bottoms with new leather. They removed the leather/vinyl from the seat backs and cleaned and dyed them to match the bottoms.

I'm still happy with the results years later.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If you have to redo the seats I would do them in vinyl. That's why Graduate seats look better and last longer.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
If you have to redo the seats I would do them in vinyl. That's why Graduate seats look better and last longer.
Don't some of the later 80s Graduates have leather seats instead of vinyl?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Don't some of the later 80s Graduates have leather seats instead of vinyl?
My stab is it could have been an option? Back on the subject, It might be possible to get a seat bottom for the driver's side in the market place for cheap money or will a passenger seat work just for the cover?.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
My stab is it could have been an option? Back on the subject, It might be possible to get a seat bottom for the driver's side in the market place for cheap money or will a passenger seat work just for the cover?.
I just looked at a 1988 Graduate with what looks to be an original interior and it either has leather or the nicest vinyl I have ever seen.
I would think a passenger seat bottom would work on the driver's side if you can find one

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pretty sure passenger and driver seat bottoms are interchangeable. Looks like Classic Alfa sells the cushion for $82.15 US.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
I bought black vinyl from Rock Auto for under $300 delivered for both sides and had a shop install the covers. They used the existing foam and built it up so to speak.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,621 Posts
The newer vinyls are super durable and look really good. I got a set years ago from World Upholstery: they still look great and everyone thinks they're leather.

Once you pull the seats out of the car the backs are pretty easy to do. Just note how they come apart and put them back together the same way. The bottoms are a bit more difficult as they use hog rings, so I took those to an upholsterer to install

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think that the ones that I bought were made by world but in my opinion I would have a shop do the job. I started to do mine then bailed and the guy at the shop said that they were a ***** to do. My 2 pennies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts