Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Scratch builds. They will have more support than the originals and be much lighter.

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
They will ...... be much lighter.
I love the FB seats that I fitted into my Sprint GT. But the things weigh a TON. Yea, building a lighter set makes sense if you're worried about performance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a name for these on your site? Will the come with brackets or mount to stock ones? Do you have any idea on cost? Apologies for the numerous questions and thank you for the answers.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice! Especially nice if they cost less than the $7k it would cost someone to buy a set of reproductions available on the market from one of specialty Alfa parts vendors.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Good looking, popular, and much sought-after though they may be, I have always found the flying buttress seats to be less than comfortable for long trips. I fitted a pair of early Recaro style seats (as fitted to an early 911S) made by BF Torino to my Super and like them a lot.

Turns out that Stefan at GTS Classics makes his own version that is a very, very nice seat. Now that he's turned his attention to flying buttress seats, I'll bet his version will provide perfect support for long drives. He's very careful about this stuff and his workmanship is first class.

Reactions: CafeM

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
100% 180OUT said. I am the guinea pig for 1st set. They will have much more bolstering than the originals too.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Stefan's a nice guy and a real enthusiast. I'll bet he ends up with a full order book for flying buttress seats once your's are finished.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TFB. my seats are being done by GTS, a classic car seat company I'm not doing them myself. They are completely custom.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts