Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to find seat kits, or should I plan on have them custom made?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,713 Posts
I've never seen any. I was quoted around $750 to redo all the seats in ours by a local shop who's been doing this kind of work for years. I will probably go that route.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen any. I was quoted around $750 to redo all the seats in ours by a local shop who's been doing this kind of work for years. I will probably go that route.
Bummer - you'd think somewhere in Italy there would be a cottage industry doing this....

Oh well. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I doubt there is enough demand to justify a large run which would bring prices down.

I have a set of spare seats and some ratty door panels if you need any spares.

Ian

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank Ian -very generous, thanks. I'm lucky that my door panels are in nice shape at this point, it's really the threading and some tears that I need to address on the seats. Better this than major rust I guess, right?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Portland must be the dumping ground for old Berlina seats and door panels. I finally gave up on giving mine away to no-show Alfa folks, so my old seats are in a TR3 (with nissan motor) I think, and the 6 door panels are awaiting a trip to the dump. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I actually have four black door panels with no speaker cutouts, so I'm good there. The spares were Jeff's old spares from a car he parted. They're practically worthless, I'll likely salvage a few small tirm bit off them and dump them myself. Unless anybody wants them.

20 years from now they'll probably be worth something, but I'm not willing to wait.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great info guys - the prices at Elvezio are a bit eye watering. Good to have options however!

·
Premium Member
22,398 Posts
I don't think you'll find any premade in the US; you know how many running Berlinas there are? Not many.
You'll get a better job and fit by using the old material as a pattern in any case, as seats wear differently over the years, get restuffed to different thicknesses, etc. Get a recommendation for a good local upholsterer, or a good one in Mexico.
Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts