Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 spider veloce has the passive restraint belts. They don't work and I think both belts are missing the part that goes across your lap. Not really sure to be honest. The ones they sell at IAP will not fit spiders with passive restraint. There must be a solution, and I'm turning to all you experts for help. Help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anxious to hear response - my one complaint with my '88 Veloce. Factory belts are stupid, uncomfortable, unsafe and basically a PIA.
My car only has the shoulder belt - no lap which in the event of a head on I'm gonna slide under the belt and probably be decapitated. I have tried using the belt as a lap but don't think it will work in an accident.

Thanks for asking the question because I a m looking for a similar solution. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Quate:"The ones they sell at IAP will not fit spiders with passive restraint."
Why not?
I don't know what "passive restraint" means, but if it's the belt type which is anchored to the doors, just fit the normal 3 anchor belt to the normal fixing places and not to the doors.
Erik

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I don't know if there is a thread about converting the belts, but I know people have asked about this before. (A very diligent, and patient, search would be in order...)

It may not be all that difficult to buy the regular seat belts and install them, just as in the other Spiders. For starters, the back of the seats are interchangeable, so this way you could get the seat guide on the outside of the seat. The three attachment points for the seat belt are straightforward. Here, it's best to look at a a regular car. Then, you will need a rear deck cover from a regular car, or you could alter yours.

Best regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts