Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the (3 pt) seat belts on my 1986 Spider Graduate. I was expecting this to be easier than expected, but it turns out that they are difficult to find. Does anybody have any pointers on this? seatbeltplanet.com has them posted, but then surprisingly mention that "Does not fit convertible" which makes me hesitant. Anybody have some insight on this seemingly trivial issue? Grazie!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Does not fit convertible? I guess they only fit the spider coupe? Sounds like a contradiction in terms. I bet those are the correct ones, possibly call the provider...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JCMelvin: thinking I might as well put new ones in as the passenger side sticks, but I guess used ones in working order could be an option.

SkiBum: seems like a contradiction to me too! Is there such a thing as a spider coupe?? Connecting w/ provider to see if we can resolve the issue, but thought I'd post the issue in the meantime and see if anybody may have some insight.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely 3pt--maybe because US model? This is a 1986 Graduate Series 3. There is the spool , then goes through loop bolted to Chassis behind seat (1st point), usual lock near hand break (2nd point), and then bolt at the door (3rd point)...although not sure if the spool or the guide behind seat counts as the first point.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
yes, 3 pt.

I was mixing up things!....edited my post

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you spiderseries4...could very well be as described in the posts you refer to, but not sure if there is really anything to clean. The mechanism engages as soon as you pull on the seat belt, so something is off. Maybe worth at least un-mounting spool and take a closer look. I can't tell from just looking at it what is causing the problem.

Very much appreciate all the feedback!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts