Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Seat belts Australia

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Merv 
#1 ·
My belts are 3 point, lap-sash type and very tired and probably unsafe. One of the buckles is original and other metal bodied, but different. I normally would like original buckles but these seem unavailable these days. If I go for new Australian-compliant belts (static/lap-sash) does anyone have any recommendations of suppliers?

Many thanks

Merv

#4 ·
Thanks for your reply ossodiseppia. That is a thought. If the 'original' belts are not fitted to the car we need to get ones that are new and compliant with Australian Design Standards. I have bought some now. However if I could find some original clasps and buckles I could have them made up to be compliant.

#7 ·
My (ex) 65 GT had the airline-style clasps fitted. I liked those.
My current 67 GTV has the push-button release jobbies, similar to the photo Osso provided. I like them less. Love to swap back, but they were probably deemed too easy to accidentally unclasp.
I would bet at least two dollars that seatbelt fitting was organised by the importer or dealer over here, and probably elsewhere in the planet, per the local rules.
For example, my GTV seatbelts have an AS (Australian Standards) emblem, which wouldn’t have come from the Alfa factory. And I don’t recall two point belts in OZ at all, except for centre rear seat positions, but you see them in the US regularly.
Different rules, different solutions, applied locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.