Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Please do not take offense to this but sales brochures can certainly be misleading and/or wrong. Being that I own two 1971 spiders, I can assure you without any doubt that these are the correct kind of seat belts and that the labels are on each side as to provide symmetry when both buckles are buckled. See photo. It makes sense once seen. :)
No offense taken! It wouldn't surprise me if Alfa did things differently from one week to the next.

·
Registered
612 Posts
you could also contact the usual vendors like OKP or classic alfa, they might be interested to buy a batch as well so they can offer them to their customers. They are always opened to new products..
Hervé

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
you could also contact the usual vendors like OKP or classic alfa, they might be interested to buy a batch as well so they can offer them to their customers. They are always opened to new products..
Hervé
Or maybe Uri at Mt. Carmel Spares. This seems right up his alley.

·
Out of the office!
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Please do not take offense to this but sales brochures can certainly be misleading and/or wrong. Being that I own two 1971 spiders, I can assure you without any doubt that these are the correct kind of seat belts and that the labels are on each side as to provide symmetry when both buckles are buckled. See photo. It makes sense once seen. :)
Hervé

Or maybe Uri at Mt. Carmel Spares. This seems right up his alley.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually want to hold these close. I like the exclusivity of offering things no one else has. I really don't want to compete or step on toes.

I'm pretty sure that all of the stickers I've drafted up, with the exception of two, are not being offered by vendors.

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
I started reproducing valve cover decals for the 50's and 60's Chris Craft engines. I was contacted by one of the companies that sells parts for the old Chris Crafts. They wanted to by a couple of sets because one of their customers wanted them.

Next thing I know they have them in their catalog for double the price I sell them for and they have never ordered any since. I later found out they used mine to reproduce theirs.

So be careful. There are suppliers out there that will use your stickers to reproduce them so they can sell them without getting them from you.

·
Out of the office!
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I started reproducing valve cover decals for the 50's and 60's Chris Craft engines. I was contacted by one of the companies that sells parts for the old Chris Crafts. They wanted to by a couple of sets because one of their customers wanted them.

Next thing I know they have them in their catalog for double the price I sell them for and they have never ordered any since. I later found out they used mine to reproduce theirs.

So be careful. There are suppliers out there that will use your stickers to reproduce them so they can sell them without getting them from you.
That's very sad. I hope folks are still buying yours.

I've actually thought about this sort of thing happening. I hope there is some mutual respect in the community and that this won't happen.

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
I'll take 2 Spiders and one Berlina.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts