Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat belt retractors in my 93 seem to be very weak, not a huge problem but is rather annoying have them flop around, also I'm sort of tired of having to force feed them into the spool when I exit the car. Both sides seem to act exactly the same and the car is very low mileage. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any serviceable parts inside.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Sometimes you can get them to work a little better if you remove the plastic cover from the retractor housing, then pull the belt all the way out and spritz the mechanism sparingly (you don't want to saturate the belt) with spray lube (NOT WD-40) and work the belt in and out. (if you can't get the cover off, just use a nozzle on the lube and aim toward the center of the ends where the roller would rotate)

Then again, occasionally it's just due to those people who whip the belt off thier shoulder when they get out which can allow it to get twisted while it retracts. Pull it all the way out and make sure it's flat and not flipped anywhere then feed it back in.

I had to straighten and lube mine when I got the car. Now they retract fully every time and will actually catch/lock (like they would in an accident) if you sit forward to quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts