Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of where the seat belts actually bolt to?

its a 73’ spider and I have no idea where they were originally bolted in.

thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't have any pics but on a Euro S2 with statics they mount up above the wheelarch towards the rear bulkhead, might be different on the Us spec where i believe they were mounted on the rear "deck", if you want to fit inertias you cant use the original mount because it fouls the hood when its folded, I relocated mine to the wheel arch and welded in big spreader plates

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
My S1 has the same three seat belt anchor locations. I am using lap belts only.

I think the seat belt retractor may get mounted next to the seat on the outer rails, then the belt crosses over your lap to mate with the female buckle attached to the transmission tunnel, while the rest of the material crosses back across your shoulder and attaches to the upper mounting point under the top. It has been a long time since I sold my S2 in 1986. Some models had a guide on the upper part of the seat back.

Mark

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm

I’m not sure that is the answer for my application

Does anyone else have an S2 they could use to verify?

I did not disassemble this vehicle so I’m unsure of how it was originally installed.

Thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is anyone willing to check their early S2 and let me know how these belts were mounted?

It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I am pretty sure that my S2 ('74 spider) only came with lap belts. This photo from Summit Racing, sort of supports my suggestion:
seat belt position.jpg

Mark

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
That sounds about right to me. The third bolt location is on the transmission 'hump' for the short belt section with the female connector.

Mark

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Euro S2 came with a three point static belt fitted as required by the law, no inertia reels. I fitted inertias mainly for convenience rather than safety, lets face it a 70's car isn't a very safe place to be if you have an accident

·
Registered
113 Posts
You have a 3 position belt in the photo - i.e, lap and shoulder belt. My '79 only has a 2 position belt. Lap only. The retractor is mounted on a bar that is attached to the rear deck, the rear red circle. The second bolt location of the metal loop, you show is attached to the sill (this is the male part of the belt). The belt runs down from the rear deck to the metal loop on the sill. As someone mentioned the transmission hump has the female section of the belt. Lap only

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
The Euro S2 came with a three point static belt fitted as required by the law, no inertia reels. I fitted inertias mainly for convenience rather than safety, lets face it a 70's car isn't a very safe place to be if you have an accident
True, but I want everything on my side if I am in a collision.

Is anybody rebuilding these?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey guys

Sorry to bother you again about this seat belt stuff..

But I’m having a hell of time trying to figure this out, specifically installing and orienting the male side.

Are the male ends interchangeable?
Do I have the wrong one on this side?

Seems to work a little better when the secondary mount is upright vs canted towards the drivers side like this:

Is this good to go?

If anyone would be willing to take a picture of their (73-74?) male side spider seat belts it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Your missing the bar. There is about a 8 to 10 inch flat bar that attaches to the reel. Then the other end of the bar attaches were you have the reel bolted know. This puts the reel further down and closer to the seat. It also gets the reel out of the way of the top when its down.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your missing the bar. There is about a 8 to 10 inck flat bar that attaches to the reel. Then the other end of the bar attaches were you have the reel bolted know. This puts the reel further down and closer to the seat. It also gets the reel out of the way of the top when its down.
The metal bar pictured below?

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Yes. Thats it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your missing the bar. There is about a 8 to 10 inch flat bar that attaches to the reel. Then the other end of the bar attaches were you have the reel bolted know. This puts the reel further down and closer to the seat. It also gets the reel out of the way of the top when its down.
Jim!!! You are amazing! Thank you for responding!

Found them!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts