Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello,

Can I have a set of four ?

If you PM me, I give you my Paypal info.

Kind regards,

Gaëtan

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Rob,

Is your car an Australian delivered car? Those seat belts are probably genuine Alfa Romeo Australia installed seat belts. The key is to look for any labels or other markings that can help shed some light on their origin. The font style of the word PRESS looks to be what I've seen used on other Alfa seat belts. And, I've seen that used on some stickers.

I would hate to see you cover those nice original stickers with something else, even if it is one of my stickers. How about I look into having some some done up to look like yours? I'll email you and see if we can get something going on this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
G'day Brian

Good thinking, 99. I had a look at the reverse side of the buckle and, just as you suspected, "Approved to Australian Standards" is clearly stamped on the back. The early 1970's was the time when seat belts were made mandatory, so obviously these were fitted locally here in Australia - at their once grand Alfa Romeo Delivery Centre at Botany in Sydney, no doubt. I need to hunt around to find my Montreal seat belts, but I'd bet London to a brick that they have the same buckles. Maybe I'm not the only one who would prefer black and silver stickers with "Push" written on it, if at all posible. I'll PM you the best photo I can take.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
For Al, Here is an interior photo of the very sedate, factory interior from a blue Montreal, using the 'Isle of Capri' as the design motivation. Hey it was the 70's man....
IMAG5722.jpg

Close up of the seat buckles, the shoulder attachment point is on the 'B' pillar about 7 inches above the door latch (in the jamb). If you are using retractable belts, check out 'M-tEC' by Bruce Taylor.
IMAG3843_1.jpg

The motivation for the color scheme...
acb915c636864e6414f58618a2f0759e (1).jpg

Mark

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ma
For Al, Here is an interior photo of the very sedate, factory interior from a blue Montreal, using the 'Isle of Capri' as the design motivation. Hey it was the 70's man....
View attachment 1687092
Close up of the seat buckles, the shoulder attachment point is on the 'B' pillar about 7 inches above the door latch (in the jamb). If you are using retractable belts, check out 'M-tEC' by Bruce Taylor.
View attachment 1687093

View attachment 1687095

Mark
Mark

It looks like you nailed it ! Its a beautiful island especially Ana Capri

·
Registered
190 Posts
View attachment 1687092
View attachment 1687093
I have to say Mark, your interior looks to be in remarkable condition, has it been returned?
View attachment 1687095

Mark

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The only things I replaced were the shift & hand brake gators. The car had been in storage for over 30 years by the previous long-term owner who picked it up in Italy. He says that he bought it through the President of Alfa Romeo. I suspect the seat faces may have been recovered but don't know exactly what the material should look like...and they have no holes in the seat back.
Mark

21 - 35 of 35 Posts