Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seat belt buckle labels needed for a Montreal.

The sticker dimensions are:
Height: 29 mm
Width: 22 mm

Has anyone reproduced these labels? They are orange with black print as shown:

Seat belt buckle label sticker.jpg

Mark

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Seat belt buckle labels needed for a Montreal.

The sticker dimensions are:
Height: 29 mm
Width: 22 mm

Has anyone reproduced these labels? They are orange with black print as shown:

View attachment 1310850

Mark
Mark,

I would be very happy to make those. If you have a original, then I would appreciate a very high resolution scan. It would be better if I had one in my hand so that I could do a color match. Let me know if you want me to do them and we'll figure it all out.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Brian,

I'll be happy to scan the one label that I still have. The color appears to have shifted with time. I suspect that it was once bright orange and now appears sort of dull. The wording looks odd to me almost like "ALFAR OMEO" but the previous long term owner (Paul Severson, a commercial pilot) picked the car up in person at Alfa Romeo and insisted that they install seatbelts; which Alfa begrudgingly did. He also requested side mirrors but the car never got those. I've purchased two sets of mirrors but after 45 years, it is very hard to pull the trigger on the drill to install them... The president of Alfa told Paul "seatbelts and mirrors were not macho"!

The labels were done on some sort of stiff, 'plasticy' stock. I don't know if you would be able to duplicate this material or not. Also, no need to die cut labels or anything fancy, I can cut them out with scissors. I saw the nice labels that you did for Duetto/GTV seat belts and thought about using them. I did not want to derail your thread with this request.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Hi Brian,

I'll be happy to scan the one label that I still have. The color appears to have shifted with time. I suspect that it was once bright orange and now appears sort of dull. The wording looks odd to me almost like "ALFAR OMEO" but the previous long term owner (Paul Severson, a commercial pilot) picked the car up in person at Alfa Romeo and insisted that they install seatbelts; which Alfa begrudgingly did. He also requested side mirrors but the car never got those. I've purchased two sets of mirrors but after 45 years, it is very hard to pull the trigger on the drill to install them... The president of Alfa told Paul "seatbelts and mirrors were not macho"!

The labels were done on some sort of stiff, 'plasticy' stock. I don't know if you would be able to duplicate this material or not. Also, no need to die cut labels or anything fancy, I can cut them out with scissors. I saw the nice labels that you did for Duetto/GTV seat belts and thought about using them. I did not want to derail your thread with this request.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark, thanks. It will be fun to draft those up. I'll PM you my email address. I've got a local printer who can print these on vinyl for me. They'll be printed using solvent based ink and then laminated for durability. There just aren't that many options for media to print on. The stuff I'm using for the stickers is vehicle wrap. Since these are going to be "indoors", we can use another product, but it will still be vinyl.

I've actually seen that font on some other things. If I have a 600dpi or 1200dpi scan, I can draw each of those letters by hand to get them as close to exact as possible. If you don't much care about the color, I can guess at it, but my preference is to use a pantone book to find the correct color.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Mark was kind enough to send me the only sticker he has. I scanned it at 2400 dpi so as to capture as much detail as possible. The first image is his original and the second is my graphics. I'm probably going to fiddle with it a bit more before having them printed. The color match is the other challenge.

The third picture shows my graphics on top of Mark's label I've selected all of the graphics, that's why you're seeing things outlined.

Does anyone else have a car with these labels on the seat belt buckles?

If anyone else is interested in getting a set of these, please post here. I'm going to be asking $10 for two shipped in the US and $11 shipped elsewhere.

Thank you, Mark for trusting me with your sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Brian,

The stickers look wonderful! I would have been tempted to shift the lettering a bit, so it doesn't look like it says "ALFAR OMEO" but you did the right thing.

Mark

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Montreal was picked up at Alfa Romeo by the previous long term owner (Paul Severson). He insisted that the car have seat belts even though the president of Alfa told him that seat belts (and mirrors) were "not macho". The car did receive seat belts and Brian (Osso) made new labels for the buckles. Mine are "in the mail" and I hope to have them soon.

I noticed his listing on eBay for the labels. (Hint: You can pick them up here on the ABB at a discount)

Alfa Logo Seat Belt Stickers for Alfa Romeo Montreal | eBay

Mark

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
My Montreal was picked up at Alfa Romeo by the previous long term owner (Paul Severson). He insisted that the car have seat belts even though the president of Alfa told him that seat belts (and mirrors) were "not macho". The car did receive seat belts and Brian (Osso) made new labels for the buckles. Mine are "in the mail" and I hope to have them soon.

I noticed his listing on eBay for the labels. (Hint: You can pick them up here on the ABB at a discount)

Alfa Logo Seat Belt Stickers for Alfa Romeo Montreal | eBay

Mark
Mark, those are some samples that I had printed with some other stuff. I put them up to see if there is any interest. As I mentioned, I'm having more printed and will not leave you hanging.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I am interested in a set too. They look great!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Brian,
I want also a set of 4 sticker. I guess you send ordinary letter ? Please send me your paypal,
or let me know whether you need anything - let us talk... :)

Hannelore

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I am interested in a set too. They look great!
Thank you. I'll let you kow when I get the stickers from the printer.

Brian,
I want also a set of 4 sticker. I guess you send ordinary letter ? Please send me your paypal,
or let me know whether you need anything - let us talk... :)

Hannelore
No need to send money, yet. I'm still waiting to hear from the printer that the stickers are ready.

I've had a lot of issues with printers who are too focused on quantity over quality. This last batch, I hope will be ready soon. I should have more than enough for everyone.

Thank you for your patience.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Ebay buyer

Osso, I was the Ebay buyer. I picked those up before I saw this thread.
I have been looking to do something with my spider seatbelts that is a bit more vintage looking than 3 pointers with modern hardware and when I saw that you were the seller I bought without hesitating.

Sorry if I messed you up, I can PAYPAL another fiver if you want!! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Brian, I would also like 4 of them. PM me your payPal account info and I'll send you the 15 bucks and shipping info. Thanks, they look great. Wilkie

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Osso, I was the Ebay buyer. I picked those up before I saw this thread.
I have been looking to do something with my spider seatbelts that is a bit more vintage looking than 3 pointers with modern hardware and when I saw that you were the seller I bought without hesitating.

Sorry if I messed you up, I can PAYPAL another fiver if you want!! :wink2:
Hi Nick, thanks for letting me know who you are. It's not an issue. I goofed up the Ebay price. I'm okay with $15 for the four. Everyone else gets to benefit from my mistake. Maybe I will too with a few more sales. They went out today in a white envelope.

Brian, I would also like 4 of them. PM me your payPal account info and I'll send you the 15 bucks and shipping info. Thanks, they look great. Wilkie
Hi Wilkie. You might have missed the other seat belt stickers I have for the 69 model year cars. Check out the thread below:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...at-belt-stickers-testing-market-interest.html

If you still want the orange ones, it's no problem.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Mark, I would love to see some pictures of these on your car.
Hi Brian,

I took a couple of photos of the labels this morning before I left for work. I would have posted them earlier, before you asked but had some internet challenges...

The labels look great and stuck very well.

IMAG3843_1.jpg

Many Thanks,

Mark

1 - 20 of 35 Posts