Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just found a company that restores complete seat belts including the buckle and mechanisms etc...

Ssnake-oyl.com

Check out the photos on their site. Wicked work. I'll be sending my GTV belts to them. It will save a ton of leg work searching for good quality belts etc....All the best!

Cheers!:)

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I contacted them last month about restoring the Klippan belts for my 69 GTV. In their response, they said they could restore them, but were unsure about the buckles. They said I'd need to send them in to get a quote.

Fashion accessory Everyday carry Leather

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Rossano, The guts of the clasp are not complicated. They look pretty easy to disassemble and reassemble. I took one apart a very long time ago.
Thanks Brian....I did the same years ago and I was going to have them all re-chrome plated, but I put all that on hold till I get a sense (perhaps from some other folks who've already done this) of what the end result might look like with the modern webbings which are thinner ( .050" or so compared to the original thickness of .078").

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.