Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to locate my first car, first Alfa, and truly one of the first loves of my life. 1991 164S black/black with the factory Recaro option. At one point it had a set of red OMP pedals, painted calipers, and some painted Alfa sript on the valve covers IIRC.

It lived in Asheville most of its life, then with an Alfisti couple in Raleigh, then went somewhere in TN from what I heard, Knoxville perhaps? I'd love to know where it ended up. Thanks for the leads, all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
Ooo, would rather have the F40 on the right. Of course, I would probably kill myself, but it's such a mean beast.

·
Registered
503 Posts
How many black 1991 164S's came in with Recaros? Can somebody look that up??

I bought one in Chicago two years ago. Took the recaros out and sold them separately. They are now in Nizam's 164LS.

I restored the rest of the vehicle, put in seats from a 1994 164Q4 in (same as the Q seats) and sold it to my brother's father-in-law.

That could have been your car! If you have the VIN, I can do a VIN check...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many black 1991 164S's came in with Recaros? Can somebody look that up??

I bought one in Chicago two years ago. Took the recaros out and sold them separately. They are now in Nizam's 164LS.

I restored the rest of the vehicle, put in seats from a 1994 164Q4 in (same as the Q seats) and sold it to my brother's father-in-law.

That could have been your car! If you have the VIN, I can do a VIN check...
That would have been hilarious, as I've known Nizam through the OLD Alfa digest, and April through AudiWorld, for quite some time now!

Is it sick that I had the VIN memorized?? ZAREA33E7M62203530

From what I was told by the owner of the Alfa Dealer we bought the car from, 50 Recaro equipped cars were brought over, in 1991 only. Of that 50, you have to figure only a few were black. Uber rare. I wish I kept that car. Dumbest thing I ever did was get rid of it. I was young (21) and didn't know any better. My loss.

·
Registered
460 Posts
They must not be that rare, as my 91S is black with the Recaro interior. Not your car, as I bought if from the original owner - always a Texas car. Last year at the AROC convention in Tulsa, I saw the exact same S as mine at the track event. So there must have been at least three 91S as you described. I move those Recaro seats, better than the ones in my Verde.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
That would have been hilarious, as I've known Nizam through the OLD Alfa digest, and April through AudiWorld, for quite some time now!

Is it sick that I had the VIN memorized?? ZAREA33E7M62203530

From what I was told by the owner of the Alfa Dealer we bought the car from, 50 Recaro equipped cars were brought over, in 1991 only. Of that 50, you have to figure only a few were black. Uber rare. I wish I kept that car. Dumbest thing I ever did was get rid of it. I was young (21) and didn't know any better. My loss.

Run a carfax report and see where car is last registered. It is only money and you can give us password so we can run VIN reports for 30 days. Let us know what you find out.

That VIN has 6 records: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_order.cfm?vin=ZAREA33E7M6220353&partner=CAR_Y_DEC_30&zipcode=&ClickID=&SiteID=&FID=27293&PopUpStatus=0

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
While I've never done a real head-to-head test, when I've looked for a car and wanted to subscribe to carfax or autocheck, I have asked each how many "records" they have. Usually autocheck has more "records," but they may count records funny. Whatever, here is what autocheck gives:

VIN: ZAREA33E7M6220353
Vehicle: 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 S
Records found for this vehicle: 13

for good or ill....

carfax gives the following info prior to subscription purchase:

VIN ZAREA33E7M6220353
Year/Make/Model: 1991 ALFA ROMEO 164 SPORT
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 3.0L V6 MPI
Manufactured In: ITALY
Search Results: 6 records found in our database

1 - 9 of 9 Posts