Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen decals on some Alfas (mainly in Europe) that have 'scuderia gta' in green letters.

Anyone have info about these?

Daniele

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
One of the GTA's in our shop had that same sticker on it when we shipped it from Switzerland. I've always wondered what it was as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
www.scuderia-gta.de

I have two 1300 GTA that raced in the scuderia. When i bougt the last one i got also a complete list with almost all GTA owners in Germany. That list (about 25 cars, with all contact details and info what kind of GTA the person owns) is roughly from 1983/84. Some of the guys are well known to me, others are known to friends but are not into Alfas anymore. There were only german owners! Those guys shared together for only one thing: racing against each other (great, i would love to see that again - thats why i secured myself the domain). I also got some pictures from a race on the nürburgring 1985 (pictures will follow). Anthony, lets see if i have your car on the pictures. I am not sure if the GTam's were also a part of that story, at least some are mentioned on that list. The scuderia ran only for a few years and then the Alfa Club Corse continued were all kinds of 105 series cars competed. But there are people in Germany who can tell that scuderia story better than me, i will try to reach them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
The GTA that had the decal is 613 883. It has the GTAm/GTAJr. flares and 13" wheels. I'd be interested to know if you have any info on the car.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was told by the owner of GTAJ #776054 that a german guy named Florian Kerbl (sp?) ran the Scuderia GTA in the mid 1980s with his friends. Kerbl sold #776054 to the current owner, but passed away a few years later, before the vintage races got more publicity in about 1990.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was told by the owner of GTAJ #776054 that a german guy named Florian Kerbl (sp?) ran the Scuderia GTA in the mid 1980s with his friends. Kerbl sold #776054 to the current owner, but passed away a few years later, before the vintage races got more publicity in about 1990.
Hi,

correct, Florian Gerbel founded that race series. He died about 2001, much too early. He owned several GTA's, one was my 776159. He also owned a 1300 GTA wide body (the black one in the picture) that i have last seen 2 years ago at someone in my region (Bavaria) i know. Is that 776054 you are referring to? Because i dont like to mention names without permission, his lastname has this initials: M.-V.

Would be interesting if those other cars on the pictures resurface.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Gta 613 883

Here it is back in May 1999 the day we bought it in Aigle, Switzerland. Note the "scuderia gta" decal on the fender. There is a decal on the air box that says "Garage Hadorn AG".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts