Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plastic rear window has some scratches that I would like to remove. I have tried the Meguire products with no success. How much pressure should I use to buff out the window? I was doing it by hand with no effect. Did not want to push on the window too hard. The scratches are light and according to Meguires, it should take them out. I had no scrathces until I put the new top down for a number of days to enjoy the weather here in the Phoenix area. I do put rolled up towels in the window to keep it from creasing.

Thanks,

pjn

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,074 Posts
If the Meguiar's 17 didn't work you can try Novus #2 polish - it's pretty good stuff.

On the rear window, it helps if you have someone on the inside using something firm and flat (but padded so it won't scratch) to buff against. You don't want to use a ton of force, but having a solid backing helps you get uniform pressure. I've also found that foam applicators seem to do a better job than cloth.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
do a search on this bulletin board - i know that this has been asked before. i remember i asked and saw some good advice from pervious posts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I posted about "Plexus" polish somewhere; find it in any good motorcycle shop. If that's not good enough then the Novus is a good bet, key is to be gentle on soft plastic.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts