Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dealt with these people in Oakleigh, Vic? Firstly I am worried about how to replace the numerous grommets and little bits I either don't have or have destroyed in stripping the car, secondly as a back-up plan in case my ambitions for the wiring harness don't come off.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've bought a couple of things off them, but I went into the store to make sure I was getting a close replica to the original. I don't think they're particularly familiar with Alfas.

They do have a pretty broad range of rubbers though, so maybe you could send photos of what you need to see if they can match it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey mullet, long time no hear. Were you up in Perth with your car recently? Something about your plates rings a bell... I haven't seen many GTs on the road of late.

For the moulded quarter-light seals I would recommend someone like Highwood or Classic Alfa in the UK. Postage is quick and cheap and the parts are good. Near as I can make out Scott's do generic profiles by the metre and can point you to what suits your car. Having said that I will be onto them for a bonnet seal and weatherstrip, and I want to check out their sound deadener. I might have a work trip to Melbourne soon, can get to them then.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi Gavin (Dave)

If you don't find what your after, try this place in Sydney. Call them and ask for a catalog. Website still under construction though, but they have Quarter Vent Seals, Windscreen Seals for vintage cars, also Sponge Extrusions for door seals, Weather Strips for windows, door panel clips etc etc.
http://spectrumrubber.com.au/

Rich

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Scott's is good for generic stuff, but for window and door seals I agree with Gavin that the UK suppliers are a good source.

I went to scott's originally because I was looking for something to use as a seal under the stainless trims on the exterior of the door and rear quarter. Couldn't find the original items anywhere, but Scott's had a thin rubber with the right profile for what I needed. At only a few $ per metre it was perfect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
rubbers

Hi All,
Living in a remote place like Rocky I don't have 'around the corner' access to the places mentioned, but use the local Clark's Rubber store, they can get all the stuff as with the others and the part #'s are the same. They are in most states. Should try them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cucinando I have not had the GT out much over winter , its been to wet .Last time i was in Perth was at the alfa club do in the park oposite the burswood late last year ?
Italiansedanman can you give me an indication on a delivered price?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Italiansedanman can you give me an indication on a delivered price?
He, he - they were AU$75 each :eek: The postage was about AU$35 but I had a bit more than just the quarterglass seals so bank on less.

At the time, I didn't think they were available here so I could have got them cheaper I guess, but I like Classic Alfa because they have a good reputation, the parts are good and they dont make mistakes and get here in good time.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ben - you could try Milano Spares, I got a set from them about 6 months ago. They had just gotten them in, but don't know if they'll have any left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts