Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: For those of you that autocross your Alfas, In the latest SCCA FasTrack, the following cars are proposed to move from G-Street class to H-Street class in 2015:

Alfa Romeo
164 (non-S) (1991-93)
1750 & 1750 GTV
GTV V6
Milano

·
Banned
76 Posts
I ran my GTV6 in an auto cross yesterday in cental PA.
It was a blast!! It was my first time ever participating in Autocross and I came in a respectable 3rd out of 5 cars in H class.
The guy at the gate said this was the most Alfa's he had seen at an event... there were two... lol, my GTV6 and a regular who has a black 4C.

I had a ton of compliments on the GTV6. A few of the organizers at the end said no matter what place I came in, it was the best sounding car at the event and the coolest car at the event.... I felt pretty happy about that...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alfas in autocross are rare. At the recent SCCA National Solo Championship, mine was was the only one of 1274 entries. My wife and our friend drove in the women's class (FSPL) in addition to my FSP entry.

I ran my GTV6 in an auto cross yesterday in central PA....
The guy at the gate said this was the most Alfa's he had seen at an event... there were two... ..

·
Registered
484 Posts
We must be blessed here in Eastern Iowa as we have 3 Alfas that compete semi regularly, A 1950's Giulia, a new Giulia and my Alfetta/GTV6.

·
Registered
790 Posts
What other cars are in H class besides the old alfas? I cant follow all the rules from stock/modified, to street/track tires etc., so when we show up with alfa's we just compete amongst ourselves, and slowest buys the first round afterwards. Best is when we beat our daughters boyfriends in their Miata's.

That's why I've switched to rallycross. 88 Milano is in the rwd, non modified class, with snow tires.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What other cars are in H class besides the old alfas? I cant follow all the rules from stock/modified, to street/track tires etc., so when we show up with alfa's we just compete amongst ourselves, and slowest buys the first round afterwards. Best is when we beat our daughters boyfriends in their Miata's.

That's why I've switched to rallycross. 88 Milano is in the rwd, non modified class, with snow tires.
All sorts of cars, check it out here on pages 195-199:

https://www.scca.com/downloads/47483-2019-10-03-solo-rules-book-1-complete-reduced/download

·
Registered
790 Posts
I did check it out and it says my alfetta gt is in the same h class as my fiat 500 abarth? That doesn’t make sense since the stock abarth which weighs less, has more horsepower, bigger brakes, 17” wheels. Now that can’t be right. That’s why it’s so confusing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts