Alfa Romeo Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
All I can say is that according to Keith Booker's book your engine is 1970 production and according to Patrick Dasse's book your chassis VIN indeed corresponds to a 1st series euro lhd 1750 (but no year). So could be one of the last 1a serie as 1970 was the year 2a 1750 was introduced. But maybe you knew all that!

·
Registered
65 Posts
All I can say is that according to Keith Booker's book your engine is 1970 production and according to Patrick Dasse's book your chassis VIN indeed corresponds to a 1st series euro lhd 1750 (but no year). So could be one of the last 1a serie as 1970 was the year 2a 1750 was introduced. But maybe you knew all that!
Thanks, that is re assuring. Looking at the seats it is a series one car, so probably one of the last ones produced, as you say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
now I have also a question regarding this everlasting thread
I am the owner of a Giulia Super 1.3 built in 72
AR 2275841
Motor Number AR00530*G8193* or AR00530*68193*
but for me and the centro documentazione it is an "G8193"
The centro documentazione already told me this is the engine that came with the car.
The FUSI does no list that number, is there anybody out there to tell me something about that number.
the oil filter is not attached to the motor directly, the water valve is a screwed one.
So it seems an older variant of the engine.

G is not HEX anymore and i do not find it in any Fusi list in the WWW.
could you please help me find it

thanks
Marco

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hi all,
now I have also a question regarding this everlasting thread
I am the owner of a Giulia Super 1.3 built in 72
AR 2275841
Motor Number AR00530*G8193* or AR00530*68193*
but for me and the centro documentazione it is an "G8193"
The centro documentazione already told me this is the engine that came with the car.
The FUSI does no list that number, is there anybody out there to tell me something about that number.
the oil filter is not attached to the motor directly, the water valve is a screwed one.
So it seems an older variant of the engine.

G is not HEX anymore and i do not find it in any Fusi list in the WWW.
could you please help me find it

thanks
Marco

View attachment 1671609
Hello Marco,

I have seen other engines with a G stamped before the specific enginenumber. For example a 1750 engineblock used as the base for a GTAm engine. And there are more examples of letter stamped engineblocks on the bulletin board.
There is a thread on the letters stamped as part of the engine number if I remember correctly. Have a look using the search option.

Ciao, Olaf

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I have a 1750 GTV S2 Euro made July 4th, 1970. The engine # is AR00548 E0037. I was told years ago it was a Alfa factory replacement block? I don't see any in the list with an "E".

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.