Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
The D'Amico & Tabucchi book (the original 2 volumes in a slipcase version) is being reissued, but will be expensive. The original is very difficult to find at less than $500; even more than a copy of Fusi. I believe it is a bit bit more accurate than Fusi, but still has any number of errors. The same problem with incorrect or incomplete record keeping exists with many Italian car companies, including Ferrari !

BTW, there are copies of Fusi available on CD Rom...

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
tubut said:
I had no intention of playing down his work. In fact, I'm grateful the book exists. However, I do have a problem with the job the editors did: lousy proof-reading. There are so many errors in the production numbers that I see as being a result of transcription errors and typos, that they could (and should) have been weeded out by the time the 3rd Edition appeared.

With respect to completeness, I have no problesm accepting the fact that it only shows information that was available at the time and cannot contain information that was discovered later. This is the main reason why I suggested taking the information with a grain of salt and contacting the historical archive for the latest (and best) information about a specific car or model.

I heard about d'Amico & Tabucchi's book that there is/was a 3rd tome with corrections. However, I never saw it and therefore do not know if that information is correct. The new and revised edition is curently scheduled for publication in 2007, see here.

As far as I am aware, the correction were only done as a small brochure, and was only obtainable through a direct request from the publisher. The book was first published in 1996, and the "adendum" circa 1998.

It is possible, however, that some of the last books from that production run had the brochures already inserted, as due to the high price, the first edition was available as late as 2001!!

I don't think a second edition was ever done of the two volume book.

Later (circa 2003), a fairly thin, single book, incomplete version was done at around $25-$30, and these can still be found on e-bay most of the time. IMO, this version doesn't have much worth..

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
velocedoc said:
I also have the Amico e Tabucchi book. The presentation is exquisite. It takes the Fusi book foundation in to the present. The 2nd edition should be a nice revision and update to add to ones collection. The costs of printing in paper today should probably put the book in the $500 range to start is my estimate.

Not quite that bad. Nada is publishing it and it is supposed to be out in 2007...

Alfa Romeo Le vetture di produzione (Production cars) 1910/2007 (Italian/English text) UNDER PREPARATION (2007) :::
Author/s: Stefano d'Amico - Maurizio Tabucchi
ISBN: 88-7911-322-4
Publishing date: 2007
Price €: 150.00
Size: 24,3x27 cms - Pages: approx. 1000 - Photos: over 2000 in b/w and in colour - Hardbound with jacket (two volumes in a slipcase) - Text: Italian/English

Revised and updated to 2007, Alfa Romeo: the Production Cars was first published in 1996, written by the authoritative experts on the Portello manufacturer, Stefano d'Amico and Maurizio Tabucchi. This fascinating story of Alfa Romeo cars is told model by model by a text that results from precise and carefully researched reconstruction of the facts, which has been enriched with detailed technical specifications (chassis numbering included) and rare archive illustrative material. All of Alfa recent production can also be found in this second edition of the book, starting with the 155, the car that ended the previous publication, the 156, 145, 146, 147, 166 and the recently announced Alfa Romeo GT. All of which has been brought together in two distinct volumes and contained in their own elegant slipcase.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Hello dretceterini,

I agree with that. I use the Fusi bible as the prime source of reference whenever there is a question from my fellow Alfaholics in Holland. I than check the data in Maurizio Tabucchi's 'Guida all'identificazione Alfa Romeo' and in the D'Amico & Tabucchi book.

But still I can't figure out what is the matter with the engine number in my GT1300 Junior Zagato. My question is listed as a thread in the Limited production 1960 - 1977 section. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks! Ciao, Olaf

I honestly don't know, but there ARE errors in BOTH Fusi and Tabucchi.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
One of the things that I have questioned for years is if some of the 6c2300Bs were actually never completed as such, and in fact became pre-war 6c2500s. One example is in regard to Fusi listing S?N 813810-813915 for the B Pescara PLUS S/N 815001-815101 for the B Mille Miglia. Other sources say there was only a total of 105 cars for BOTH types, not 205 as Fusi sates. Personally, I think some of the 6c2300B MM cars actually became pre-war 6c2500 Tipo 256 and 6c2500 cars. Calligaris, from the 6c2500 register says there were 19 Tipo 256s alone. Anselmi only shows a total of 17 Tipo 256 PLUS pre-war 6c2500SS. I think this lends some credence to my long standing theory that some 6c2300Bs were re-numbered and became actually became pre-war 6c2500s....thoughts please....

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Where can I obtain a copy of Fussi on CD??

Regards
Jim

I'm not sure, as I haven't seen it available for at least 10 years. I got my copy directly from Elvira Ruocco who ran the archives until she retired...

I haven't seen it available from any source at all in at least 5 years. I sold my extra copy at least 3-4 years ago.

There is some info in this old thread:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...n-numbers-reference-not-dial-up-friendly.html

Sorry I can't be of more help...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.