Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****, I hate these scam attempts.

Found a listing for a Yellow Montreal on CL Chatanooga for $20k.
Replied to the ad and then did my due dilligence finding the same car on Hemmings at Driver Source Houston for $70k.

I alerted Driver Source, and wanted to post on AlfaBB to warn potential Alfisti.

Here is the Hemmings ad which is being scammed on CL.

1974 Alfa Romeo Montreal Coupe for sale #1727622 | Hemmings Motor News

Regards, John Feeney
Boulder, CO

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Thanks for the warning John! That Montreal is really gold in color and it looks like it needs a great deal of work. These 'scam looser's' really irk me. Due to a large number of high quality photographs on the internet the 'Blue Montreal' has been the subject of multiple scam looser's'.

Where are the internet police when you need them? Isn't that what Interpol is for?
Mark

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Mark,

I think the "internet police" are primarily interested in digging up dirt on whatever party is NOT in power, in order to keep them not in power.

Interpol, as I understand it, are only an information gathering organization with no enforcement capacity whatsoever.

So - the BB may well be the only line of defense against such things.

We should be reminded of "let the buyer beware", and "never give a sucker an even break".

Of course, when those sayings came into vogue, unethical behavior in a transaction could be addressed via somewhat more direct means than we tend to allow today.

I am also reminded of a ruling supposedly handed down in a court in my home county in Texas. "There are some men that deserve killing, but there are no cows that deserve stealing".

The defendant in the homicide case was found not guilty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts