Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The are only building nine of these. So I consider it a design study and that's it. Worse things have carried the Alfa badge...my personal favorite is still the Arna.

It's not a matter of "how it's going to be." It's more like a matter of "how it's been."

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The are only building nine of these. So I consider it a design study and that's it. Worse things have carried the Alfa badge...my personal favorite is still the Arna.

It's not a matter of "how it's going to be." It's more like a matter of "how it's been."
I had the pleasure of seeing an Arna in the flesh last year. My eyes are still burning ;)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts

Well, there are only 12 TZ2's originally made...so we wouldn't consider those just a "design study".

But you're right, this sounds like it is a Zagato effort - not an Alfa sanctioned product. Zagato is "celebrating" Alfa's centenary by re-bodying a Dodge to evoke the memory of a Zagato design from 45 years ago. How special...

·
Registered
123 Posts
yet another rusty nail....stabbing at the delicate subcutaneous infected tissue of the marque......sad to see this rebadging carrying the badge...

·
Registered
847 Posts
..ps. clearly anyone with any foresight would see Zagato is demonstrating (bidding) what a new super Alfa "could" be like with the upcoming Fiat/Dodge Viper underpinnings, by using the older viper chassis as a design study.

There's many things I dislike and some things I like, what looks like air inducts for the front brakes as part of the light assembly is pretty trick, but I'd hate to see what a small fender bender on a production car might cost you though.. hmmph.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I have to admit I really love the shape of that car. It is now my screen background image. I think that it would be a winner even with only a small blown four, somewhere around 300-350 hp, with a 6 speed transmission? Rear drive of course.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
yet another rusty nail....stabbing at the delicate subcutaneous infected tissue of the marque......sad to see this rebadging carrying the badge...
Your not nearly as good as the Russiandude. Try harder. :D

·
Registered
what part?
10,262 Posts
i just looked at the photo.. i think it looks very nice, esp. in that coloure red...but they really need to clean up that tail. from the rear end.... ULGY!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think that if a lot of people didn't know there was a Dodge Viper under there they would think it was prettier. It's not that bad. Strangely enough, there are more than a few things about this car remind me more of the Montreal than the TZ series...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i just looked at the photo.. i think it looks very nice, esp. in that coloure red...but they really need to clean up that tail. from the rear end.... ULGY!!!
It is hidious. With this "pillarless" glass house, a throwback to the late 70s/ early 80s and the Aston V8 Zagato, this thing looks dated before the first one is sold. Too big, too massive, too unresolved everywhere. I love Zagatos but that is just a disaster from a design perspective. Let alone the badge engineering.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
The rear end design I like on these cars is the 4th car in the fifth picture. I assume that is the original version. I do agree that the rear end design of the newest design is pretty funky, but I like that 3/4 frontal view.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not as rusty as your continuing hatred in posts for a brand you've already admitted never owning.
i just tell it like it is. no need to take out the decay of your favourite marque on me....

if you cared about your marque---you would express outrage. instead, you blow up upon opinions being expressed. help is required for your lost soul.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is hidious. With this "pillarless" glass house, a throwback to the late 70s/ early 80s and the Aston V8 Zagato, this thing looks dated before the first one is sold. Too big, too massive, too unresolved everywhere. I love Zagatos but that is just a disaster from a design perspective. Let alone the badge engineering.
agreed. there isn't much here to associate the 'TZ' badge to this monstrosity. a publicity stunt for Zagato, and a couple cheap sales to people who want to show something strange to their friends at the next country club GTG.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,769 Posts
Chrysler TZ

I like it. Better that than Fiat/Alfa`s reputation for abominable dealer support and service.
Our old Alfa charisma from the `60s is long gone. Just a grill in front of a Fiat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts