Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to duck out of work briefly to a local car show today in Grande Prairie, Alberta and there was a 4C in amongst all the 50’s American stuff. Well, plus a Delorean. Said hi to the 4C owner. Was nice to see it out.

· Registered
5 Posts
I live in Portland, Oregon, and I like to say it's more likely you will run into a bigfoot here than you will a 4C. The total # of 4Cs I've seen in the wild in Oregon since 2015 is equal to the # of fingers I have on one hand.

Another perspective, there are on average about 1,500 Corvettes sold per month in the US. There were about 2,000 4Cs sold in the US......EVER!

And just to add, there were more Ferrari 308s made than Alfa Romeo 4Cs....

· Registered
1992 Spider Veloce, 2015 4C Spider, 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
45 Posts
Which do you like better even thought they are very different?
Well...that’s a tough one. We had the 4c first, which started our love for Alfas. then came a Stelvio for daily use. An acquaintance has a Spider and we took that out for an afternoon, we fell in love. Took me a year to find the perfect one for us. We joked we needed 2 to make sure we always have at least one summer cruiser available (silly justification).
The 4c is so hardcore compared to the Spider. Both in my opinion really exemplify what an Alfa really is/should be. Both are super fun to drive In their own way. Too hard to pick one.
The only thing I will say is that I will never sell the Spider, it will die with me....

· Registered
8,188 Posts
Great story.

Unusual that someone is introduced to modern Alfa's and then falling in love with the older ones.

It is usually the other way around.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
I have the same combination as Screamin62, a 4C Spider and an S4 Spider. I have had the S4 since 1997 and won't ever sell.
I will probably sell the 4C as it is very much track day oriented, and I don't do many track days. Its a great drivers car but it needs open roads with little traffic to fully enjoy it and we don't have many of those here :confused:
The S4 is the sensible choice for trips out with my wife as it is more relaxing, has more storage space and if I do decide to give it some harder acceleration I'm still driving within the speed limit. Doing that in the 4C means hitting 120mph before you know it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.