Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
fetta78 received the wheel nut today, thanks! I feel compelled to offer a token payment of a local delicacy, perhaps-
Do you like Jack Daniels?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Okay, while you're talking coveted NOS Alfetta parts that aren't for sale, how about some nuts! These aren't just ANY nuts, there Genuine Alfa!

Let's see some more pictures of progress on this beast, before I post images of NOS bolts :)

GV

Attachments

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Free to a good home and need something else...

This came with the car in a box of stuff, looks like the AC pump? AC system's all removed from my car. Up for grabs, you pay shipping as it must weigh 15 pounds. Condition unknown other than it turns freely at the pulley. Also, I'm in need of a driver's door window rear channel bracket, see the picture of my one good one below as well- I don't need the rubber, just the metal piece-willing to pay for it of course, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I don't have the door peice but I do have almost all of the AC stuff that goes in the car. Blower, controls, vents,condenser. I don't have a compressor or the hoses. I would think that it would be pretty easy to have them made. If your interested holler.

Paul

·
Registered
102 Posts
La Voce: I probably have a window channel. I will look Saturday, if Fetta78 will remind me :rolleyes:.

Fetta78: I am not sure, but isn't illegal to drink JD in Kentucky? Something about bourbon and 'true' whisky?:eek:.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
La Voce: I probably have a window channel. I will look Saturday, if Fetta78 will remind me :rolleyes:.

Fetta78: I am not sure, but isn't illegal to drink JD in Kentucky? Something about bourbon and 'true' whisky?:eek:.
I don't think it's a problem seein' as I aint OFFICIALLY from Kentucky, I just live here currently!!:D

I sample many of the bourbons on a regular basis......had a bit o Buffalo Trace just last night!! Mmmmmmm.....good stuff.;)

La Voce.......what else do ya need? Catsboy and I share a parts car out at the farm and IF he really does come down this weekend maybe we can git the stuff off it....might have to cut our way through the weeds to get there though......:eek:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sorry, to clarify, I'm giving away the AC compressor, and am looking for the door piece. I have completely demodded the AC system from the car.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Sorry, to clarify, I'm giving away the AC compressor, and am looking for the door piece. I have completely demodded the AC system from the car.
Ohhhh-oh...I did that too - and man, do I regret it. Since it never gets much hotter than 75 degrees in SF - I thought "I'll never need it", WRONG!! Between the horizontal windscreen and the horizontal rear window, and the total lack of air circulation with all the windows rolled down, I find myself regularly baking in the car. It's crazy hot even when it's chilly outside, the interior's greenhouse effect is quite impressive! What kills me even more is the A/C worked really well before I tore it out!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey guys don't go cutting down weeds and chancing ticks and snakes just for me- if don't come easy, let it go. Larry at APE may have a lead on most of these parts for me.
'fetta78 I have your Tennesee payment packaged and will initiate delivery sequence in T-60 and counting (sorry- I live in Huntsville) :eek: to the return address contained on your steering wheel nut envelope.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Weeelllll let's see where we're at........catsboy actually did come down to the farm but we wandered around the fields looking for the lost Alfetta, couldn't find it. Anyone that's been out to the "Alfarm" knows what we're talking about!! Around 75 Alfa's scattered in the fields and barns......some completely covered in weeds around this time of year!! BUT, never fear.....fall is just around the corner and we will be able to see the Alfas once again appear from their hiding places to be viewed again, and possibly picked of a part or two!!:D

Also.....most important........Jack showed up today!!! I will have to sit down this evening with Jack and discuss the merits of Tennesee vs Kentucky's distilling processes. It should be a very pleasent evening!!! ;)

Thank you, sir! :cool:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You are quite welcome! I appreciate the assistance. I myself have a hankerin' for Woodford Reserve from time to time. When Fall comes (and it's beautiful in KY) while you're rabbit hunting around the Alfarm if you happen to spy a "sprint veloce" badge pry it off for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Parts

La Voce, I just picked up a '76 parts Alfetta to fix a couple other Alfettas I have. I'm willing to get rid of all the things I don't need if you'll send me a list. I also need all the a/c stuff you have (compressor, brackets, hoses and etc). I got a '79 Mille Miglia for real cheap and want it 100% stock to sell at Nationals in '09 sense it's in my hood then. :D Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Don all I have left is the compressor and maybe the bracket but you are welcome to them, PM me with your address. I'm looking for a good condition driver side sun visor (black) with roof mount bracket, both center console rocker switches if not too badly faded, a hood release handle assembly, the clear plastic fusebox cover, and the plastic trim surround for the sunroof handle.
Jim

·
Registered
625 Posts
Weeelllll let's see where we're at........catsboy actually did come down to the farm but we wandered around the fields looking for the lost Alfetta, couldn't find it. Anyone that's been out to the "Alfarm" knows what we're talking about!! Around 75 Alfa's scattered in the fields and barns......some completely covered in weeds around this time of year!! BUT, never fear.....fall is just around the corner and we will be able to see the Alfas once again appear from their hiding places to be viewed again, and possibly picked of a part or two!!:D

Also.....most important........Jack showed up today!!! I will have to sit down this evening with Jack and discuss the merits of Tennesee vs Kentucky's distilling processes. It should be a very pleasent evening!!! ;)

Thank you, sir! :cool:

I wish I had an alfa farm that grew me parts. How many of those Alfas have titles still? Esp. GTV's(not the Alfetta version) and GTV6's...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Rub strip removal

Hi Jim,

I am very much enjoying your 'crusher' posts especially since I too have recently acquired a GT sprint ('78). Although not in quite as nice a condition as yours, many of the issues you are dealing with mirrors work that it needs.

Your last post really struck home. The trend seems to be (have been) to remove the rub strips and fill in the mounting holes. Are you looking for a cleaner look? The Euro look? I've heard that rub strips were a dealer option so many were sold without. Does that sound about right? I was especially surprised you removed them since it appeared from pictures that the rub strips were in good shape.

I personally think that although a different look, the Alfetta looks good with or without them. I'm right on the fence on which way to go at the moment. The '78 only has one good strip remaining of the four and finding replacements has not been easy. However the car doesn't really need repainting either. If I could find suitable replacements, I would throw them on and call it a day. Are you interested in selling yours?

Thanks.
Gerry

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
AFAIK - Rub strips were dealer installed on most '75 - '77 Alfettas in the U.S., some escaped having it done. When Alfa re-named both the "Sprint Veloce" and the "Sport Sedan" for '78 - '79 model years in the U.S., both cars received rub strips and model name badges from the factory.

41 - 60 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.