Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 19 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Thanks all, will do. Fetta 78 from looking at your thread looks like you are having fun yourself! If you want to lower her I can assist, just went through it with my Milano. Steep learning curve but once you break it it's OK. Major driveability disadvantage though, so before you lower it, look at the distance under the car between the pan and the ground, and decide if you can live with lower. There's not much trade space and scrapes are inevitable if you lower her.
I'll see what it looks like after I get that 3 piece fiberglass spoiler on the front end!!:eek:

Might not have to lower it, I certainly don't want to cuz I hear it's a pain and it's freakin' hott here...........:cool:

Can I have your carbs? I can sent ya a couple Spicas in exchange...........

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I believe all your luck has fallen out of the horseshoe....ya know, the one you have mounted on the windshield wiper stud!:eek::eek:

Wheels look great, I'll check out at the farm for a master cylinder cap next time I'm out there, ya might have to remind me though.......:rolleyes:

Since the resurrection of my 'fetta I now have a fuel pressure light blinking at me, I believe I have a clogged filter, you might want to plan on changing that faily soon.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
No fuel pressure worries- dual Webers installed :D
Uhhhhh, yeah.......that's right!
What I meant was AFTER you send me the Webers and I send you the Spica...yeah, that's it!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If it's been sittin' a while they will freeze up. BUT, you can break 'er loose!:eek:

Start the car and get the engine good an warmed up, shut 'er down. Get the car somewhere that you can keep driving.......cuz you will put it in second gear, push the clutch in, and start the car!!

Of course the car will lurch forward and start, you will be driving with the clutch pedal pressed in, and it should break loose...when it does just remember you have the clutch pedal in and the revs will go up real quick!!!!

I've done it two or three times in my life, it's a wierd feeling.....but it works.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If it's been sittin' a while they will freeze up. BUT, you can break 'er loose!:eek:

Start the car and get the engine good an warmed up, shut 'er down. Get the car somewhere that you can keep driving.......cuz you will put it in second gear, push the clutch in, and start the car!!

Of course the car will lurch forward and start, you will be driving with the clutch pedal pressed in, and it should break loose...when it does just remember you have the clutch pedal in and the revs will go up real quick!!!!

I've done it two or three times in my life, it's a wierd feeling.....but it works.

.......and I aint just makin' this up!!!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=25246&highlight=frozen+clutch

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=43330&highlight=frozen+clutch

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Never heard of one not breaking free......but that doesn't mean much!:rolleyes:

I would try it again, I don't believe it causes any damage but ya might want to see if anyone else chimes in on that.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
YEEEEEHAAAWWWWWW!!

Hang on to that steering wheel....I'll get that nut in the mail Monday!!:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Don't worry Paulie.....It's hanging in a place of honor in the garage!!:D

Where are you showing up on Thursday? Something I should know about??:confused:

Correct, the items I just mentioned are not for sale. I just wanted to brag a bit about having these in case I need them someday.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
fetta78 received the wheel nut today, thanks! I feel compelled to offer a token payment of a local delicacy, perhaps-
Do you like Jack Daniels?
He's one of my best friends!!!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
La Voce: I probably have a window channel. I will look Saturday, if Fetta78 will remind me :rolleyes:.

Fetta78: I am not sure, but isn't illegal to drink JD in Kentucky? Something about bourbon and 'true' whisky?:eek:.
I don't think it's a problem seein' as I aint OFFICIALLY from Kentucky, I just live here currently!!:D

I sample many of the bourbons on a regular basis......had a bit o Buffalo Trace just last night!! Mmmmmmm.....good stuff.;)

La Voce.......what else do ya need? Catsboy and I share a parts car out at the farm and IF he really does come down this weekend maybe we can git the stuff off it....might have to cut our way through the weeds to get there though......:eek:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Weeelllll let's see where we're at........catsboy actually did come down to the farm but we wandered around the fields looking for the lost Alfetta, couldn't find it. Anyone that's been out to the "Alfarm" knows what we're talking about!! Around 75 Alfa's scattered in the fields and barns......some completely covered in weeds around this time of year!! BUT, never fear.....fall is just around the corner and we will be able to see the Alfas once again appear from their hiding places to be viewed again, and possibly picked of a part or two!!:D

Also.....most important........Jack showed up today!!! I will have to sit down this evening with Jack and discuss the merits of Tennesee vs Kentucky's distilling processes. It should be a very pleasent evening!!! ;)

Thank you, sir! :cool:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wait.........I don't understand?

Where's all the rust??

Why does your 'fetta look soooo good? ****.....I better get a move on!!!

:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Waiting for an update...............

Come on man, pictures. We want to see this car!:D

PM me your email address, Maker's Mark wants it! Seriously....;)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Red ones are faster.....(Spiders that is!)......:cool:

Thanks for the update it looks great! Do you still need a fuse box cover? I think I have one, not perfect, but if ya need it let me know!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Those Shankle Spoilers would look bada$$ on MadMaxAlfettaRustetta....

That is.....if La Voce doesn't want them!!!:D

I may have a pair of the original ones in the storage area above the garage, probably not perfect but fairly nice.
What's the goin' rate for Alfetta Spoilers anyway? Enough to buy a Berlina??? Maybe a Super?? Trade for a Milano?? :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.