Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, but oh so clean. Jumped T-Belt so you know the drill. East coasters (Steve) could make her as good as new:

Alfa Romeo : 164 164S

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Oh, if this one was in the Seattle area, I would buy it regardless of what the wife would say. Looks just great. Relatively speaking, easy fix for a very nice car. Don't anyone think about parting this one!

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
Maybe if somebody wants to put it on a roll back and bring it down to me?

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Same one.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, if it were in Cali I'd grab it.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Ditto all the above....

If I was within striking distance I would love that S....been watching it since it was posted.

But on the other hand I have enough parts to build a very nice L if only I can find a good body.....so maybe I should stick to what I know best.

One day I might own an S......dream on Neville.

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
almost sounds like "honey if we (men) could have babies for you.....we would"" LOL ciao jc

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Oooh she's up to $1025.00, plenty of potential in this 164, almost looks like she just came off the showroom floor, worst case spend a couple of afternoons putting another motor in, who will get black beauty?

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not a bad idea, the women is like a control measure or regulator
I didn't even know I was addicted till I tried to stop
I am looking for a troop carrier right now so I can fly over and scoop her up myself .....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love it that Steve actually proposed the idea to his wife :) How did the conversation start? "Hey hun, check out what the guys found on Ebay"! lol

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
It went something like that.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
ruh roh!!! ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
ruh roh!!! ciao, jc
Your up early and I am up earlier aren't we? Wind is howling here now and woke me up for my mid morning get up to P.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
drizzly here. Up at the normal time ciao, jc

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ditto all the above....

If I was within striking distance I would love that S....been watching it since it was posted.

But on the other hand I have enough parts to build a very nice L if only I can find a good body.....so maybe I should stick to what I know best.

One day I might own an S......dream on Neville.
Instead of that pininfarina emblem, maybe you'd like the whole car? It's been picked over but the body is all there and pretty straight.

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
" It's been picked over"

Pity, another one down the drain?

·
Registered
134 Posts
...well I've gone and lost the mind, but as there is no Mrs. Rossi there are no reasons for excuses. I'm in the bidding. I need a 5th (and broken) car like one needs a hole in the head, but if I can save a gem, hey, that's amore? No, really, at the very least I can find a salvaged engine, then sell the old one off for scrap and make the neighbors even more annoyed. Fingers crossed :-D:-D:-D

That said, I've had a valve job done on a 944 before. On the Alfa motor I assume it's more cost effective to just junk the engine than have the top rebuilt?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts