Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I love my Alfa! I just need a little more horsepower, some webers and a exhaust system will do in the future when I earn some ching ching$.Back to the story, I went "Canyon Crusing" up in the Santa Monica Mountains for about 2 1/2 hours, I hit up a bunch of roads, one of which was Decker Cyn. Sharp turns that can be taken from 20-60 mph range(at least the range i was in). I drive canyons a lot and have never flown out or hit someone but today was the day for that!
Make a long story short. I entered Decker Cyn with heated tires! Took a few hairpins and came into one to fast, hit the brakes, hit the throttle car gets sideways I try to correct it quick because there is a HUGE ford truck pumping up the hill at my lil GTV. Another correction and my nose is now pointed towards the drop side of the mountain! No gaurd rails! I cant remember what happen from there I just know the i was half way on the road and the other half on the mountain about 5 feet from the drop side!

Other then that it was a load of fun and the GTV handled awesome! It's mostly motorcycles up there. I wanted some Porsches to be around me so I could've given them a run for the money! Muhahahahahahahahah

p.s attaching a few pictures. First picture is a trip. My fender lip flipped outtward and got a lovly chunk in the tire! Anyone seen that happen before?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So quiet!

My daily Thrasher! She/it/whatever you wanna call it looks so nice in picture but when you step up to my car my paint is SHOT!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sniady said:
See what I was saying my GTV looks clean! Little do you know the paint job is over 15 years old!!!
Oh **** Sniady!!!

Your GTV looks so clean...

The only thing that I don't like Canyon runs is the opposite traffic... and the lack of guardrails...

One time my friend got off the cliff @ Angeles Crest because he was trying to avoid the opposite traffic that went into our lane... I was lucky enough to be able to swerve and avoid the VW Camper (while the whole left side of my bike and my feet scraping the ground), my friend had to be air lifted to Huntington Hospital and stayed there for three months. He never able to ride again... :(

I would rarther be going off in a car than on a bike....

touch wood... touch wood...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Canyon runs are so fun but you never know if someones around the corner (gives me a rush sometimes). I get sketched with the bike guys because 80% look like they just bought the bike yesterday and you could be coming around a corner and theres a Bike laying on the road.
Anyways canyon roads are dangerous, I go pretty fast but try to keep it under control but I get sparatic points and I go balls out. Start yelling at my car "comon you lil bit*h! Faster! Show me wha cha got! Raaaaarrrr". But I think thats an effect from all the fumes inside my car(why do i still have the fume box in the back?) gets to my head because I've never yelled at my car!

But imagine if they turned all canyon roads into one way roads! Oh that would be so lovly. Would be a daily Tarmac rally.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sniady said:

But imagine if they turned all canyon roads into one way roads! Oh that would be so lovly. Would be a daily Tarmac rally.
That would be awesome... imagine setting up the car on the opposite lane for a right hand turn... downshifting... wow...

--------------------
Most of my bike "acquaintance" have no license whatsoever... those "poseurs" just don't have enough money to buy a decent sport car and spend their 10k on the newest liter bike on the market, and a set of one piece leather (if they care)

and then they think that they can take over the canyon road or something... they don't know even how to brake or make a bike lean!!
And you can tell that by looking at their bike's tires, there is no wear except on the middle part of the tire...
and when they really have to turn or lean, bam, they crash into the other lane...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sniady said:
but you never know if someones around the corner
Sometimes I hit the mountain/canyon roads late at night... that way there's usually no traffic and you can see the headlights of oncoming cars before you enter a turn... doesn't mean you can use the whole road, but at least it doesn't freak you out when you come around a corner at full tilt and suddenly theres a truck with two wheels over the double yellow! Of course it's not much fun at night unless you have good headlights... I need to get one of those HID conversion kits ;)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
AlfaRacer75 said:
I need to get one of those HID conversion kits ;)
Most of time I go up the canyon road at nite, less cop, less traffic... the only problem is the headlight.
I've made my VW to turn on all SIX lights (jumped one of the wires in the fuse box) when I turn on the high beam
I was going to modify my bike's H4 too, but I was worried it might overload the wires.

I was looking at the Sylvania's website, it looks like one of the 7" round HID lights might work with an Alfa GTV... hmmmm... :D

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nighttime

Night time is sketchy for me. I like to see the next turn ahead of me to know how fast I can hit it and the stock GTV lights suck! Also when you drive half the speed at night it feels like youre twice that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts