Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago... The 94 164Q was dropped off at my mechanic's. The fuel tank situation turned out to be a genuine mess. Ultimately, the tank came out and was cleaned up professionally. My mechanic fashioned a new rubber (fuel system safe) piece to contain the fuel pump.

A few other things were done.

Now I will pick it up and drive for the first time this Saturday. The analysis is that the injectors might be a bit clogged up due to the crap that was in the fuel tank. Crossing fingers that the situation clears up after the car is driven a little bit. It had been sitting a long, long time.

Later this month I'll get going on the cam belt and water pump, etc. Hopefully, that stuff won't be a problemo ... mechanic thinks we'll be okay for a bit.
(no lectures please)

Another 164Q is about to hit the road in Seattle after a long layoff.

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
I for one am eager to see how it goes. I am very happy for you, you have been waiting a long time for this moment. ciao, chris

·
Premium Member
16,248 Posts
For those questionable injectors, try using something like Techron for several fillings, or more, to help clear them up. I've used it now and then for a long time in my injected Alfas, and have never had an injector problem.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's home! Finally. I'd never even driven a 164 until I got to drive mine tonight. Surpassed my expectations. Hoping the Tekron does its job and check engine light goes off soon. My wife was indifferent upon seeing it...oh, well. After a paint job she'll like it more!

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
wives are this way. Mine said "ewww those are owned by perverts with gold chains around their neck" I had to remind her I don't own any gold chains. I do admire your spirit of buy and drag it to the shop....ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
16,248 Posts
Nah, the roadsters are bought by the guys with gold chains, lol. At least that's an image some have. Nerds and home types buy the 2 and 4 door sedans/gt's.

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
LOL, I do home type quite well. Nerdy? Never have had that moniker assigned. Doubt I ever will. ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Testing for Check Engine Light stored codes on 24v 164

It's home! Finally. I'd never even driven a 164 until I got to drive mine tonight. Surpassed my expectations. Hoping the Tekron does its job and check engine light goes off soon. My wife was indifferent upon seeing it...oh, well. After a paint job she'll like it more!

So do the accel pedal 5 times stomp test and see what CEL codes are stored in memory: Alfa 164 Motronic M1.7 Self-Diagnosis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts