Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bellissimo! A Celebration of Italian Automotive Artistry

Italian car lovers and their cherished automobiles will be the heartbeat of the 19th annual San Diego Sicilian Festival, in the heart of Little Italy Sunday, May 20, 2012.

Bellissimo! A Celebration of Italian Automotive Artistry will give San Diego residents and visitors an intimate look at a broad spectrum of Italian car designs – including Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Fiat, Lancia, and Alfa Romeo – a chance to mingle with proud car owners, and the opportunity to cast their votes for the coveted “Peoples Choice Award,” a distinction granted to the car that captures the heart of a majority of festival participants.

Founded in 1993, the Sicilian Festival – a celebration of the history and heritage of San Diego’s Sicilian American Community in San Diego – carries the distinction of being the very first festival in San Diego’s vibrant Little Italy neighborhood. The free, family event is a celebratory infusion of Sicilian music, dance, culture and cuisine.

Italian Car Clubs and Dealers are invited to participate in this exciting, high-profile civic event.

If you are interested in showing your Alfa or just want to attend, let me know and I will make sure you are included.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What are the hours that the fest will be going on?
Is there preferred parking for Alfas?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthony,
I have attached the flyers for the event. Alfa parking will be part of the Motorsport show and the cars need to be in place before 9AM and cannot leave until event close, about 5PM-6PM.

Please note that if you want to have your car in the exhibit, the application needs to be in by today, May 9.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Anyone else coming out for this? I'm new to San Diego and just signed up hoping to meet some of the local Alfa community...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your link isn't working. I would like to see more pictures from the event.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for posting Lance. Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like it was a great day!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The organizers were very happy with the turn out overall and we are planning on doing it again next year. And then there's always Festa in October too. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can you tell me which model Alfa, I am sure it's the one that they reproduced in the 60's or 70's, but I forget the model.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,255 Posts
The organizers were very happy with the turn out overall and we are planning on doing it again next year. And then there's always Festa in October too.
Lance:

Is AROCSD planning on participating in the Festa on October 14th? I could be tempted to spend the day in Little Italy inhaling garlic & sausage fumes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Jay,

We haven't heard from the organizers yet, but when we do I will certainly post details. We participated last year, so we hope to do it again this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts