Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. She looks like a beauty. My 164 also had a bracket problem which resulted in the wiring harness falling on the exhaust manifold. Needed a new wiring harness only. The insurance co hired an investigator and paid me 750 usd. Dean Russel supplied a wiring harness basically for his labor for removing it. I think 220 usd. Its a long tedious job. A few years back my 944 turbo fuel line sprung a leak on the very hot exhaust manifold resulting in lots of damage. She is running now but with some problems. I might be interested in your car as I am interested in installing a 200 hp fiat turbo set up.

diverdan

·
Registered
8 Posts
When the 944 went it was a fairly major "Kaboom" and the car shook like a bomb had gone off underneath. Used a lot of fire extinguishers. No insurance for that. Just sucked it up. I agree with the fuel initiating the blaze from what I can see in the pictures. Everybody needs to inspect those old fuel lines!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.