Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume for a TT school (Sept.) I need to have my car up to snuff on TT safety requirements? I ran one TT (Buttonwillow) and have all the stuff, but have done only a street school, which requires only street safety stuff. Thanks

Andrew Watry

·
Registered
333 Posts
TT car set up is pretty simple.
5 or 6 point harness on the drivers side, Fire Extinguisher bolted in within easy reach of the driver.
Snap in harness set up is easy to install. If you don't have a harness, I recommend Fred Crow - Crow Enterprises in Fullerton. Makes the belts on premise, is very reasonably priced, supplies hardware and will be happy to give you installation instructions.

Check www.arosc.org and link to Driving School.

See you at the Streets.

·
Premium Member
21,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Norm. I have the setup, I just wondered if it's required for a TT school.
Andrew

·
Registered
572 Posts
i think it depends on what level of schooling your doing... You can get away with regular seat belts if your in the very beginner class but you should have something more securing if your anything above that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As mentioned. Street Performance only requires DOT approved 3 point harness, Snell 95 or newer Helmet, leather or Nomex gloves (no holes), and natural fiber cover (or at least single ply Nomex) neck to ankle. Time Trial, Advanced Time Trial and Race Group requirements are in the Competition Code at www.arosc.org. We separate the classes at school.

Hope to see you all in a few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts