Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
17,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spoken for!

I have purchased a new (SA2020) helmet for vintage racing. If anyone can use my SA2010 helmet it is yours for the cost of shipping. It is used but not abused, never dropped (or crashed!)

Most race organizations will require a helmet less than 10 years old. But it might be allowed in non-racing events - like autocross.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Ah, yes. The ongoing scam of Snell, FIA , and etc. outdate perfectly good equipment in order to sell more!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hmm
Unlike my fall arrest harness which the manufacturer said doesn’t have an expiration date but the lanyard which connects the harness to “something overhead capable of a static 5000 lb load” or something like that, to keep me from impacting the earth or other immovable object has a five year life expectancy.
I take care of them both and have worn them but never used them. (Luckily) But swap both for new at the same time.

harnesses, lanyards, helmets, etc. I’ve seen plenty that were in date but really should have been discarded.

Eric, keep those helmets shiny!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I’ve seen plenty that were in date but really should have been discarded.
That’s the point. The condition is way more important than the age of the safety item. I have had to give away brand new belts that were still in the box, because they were out of date. And I just spent $499 on a helmet exactly like my existing one, except the new helmet has a 2020 Snell sticker on it. Neither has anything to do with my safety.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Spoken for!

I have purchased a new (SA2020) helmet for vintage racing. If anyone can use my SA2010 helmet it is yours for the cost of shipping. It is used but not abused, never dropped (or crashed!)

Most race organizations will require a helmet less than 10 years old. But it might be allowed in non-racing events - like autocross.

View attachment 1678811 View attachment 1678812 View attachment 1678813 View attachment 1678814 View attachment 1678815
Vintage race car
Vintage driver
New helmet
One of these things is not like the others.
😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts