Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my car but I had to get the word out. Look on craigs list in NY and type in Alfa Romeo. You'll see what appears to be a really really clean Red S4. The person selling does not mention years or mileage. However, it is easily recognizable as an S4. Asking price is $2900.

If I had the room I'd go pick it up now.

If anyone looks at it - let me know. I'm curious to know why this pup is going for so little. :eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also listed on the Sacramento Craigslist. So many of these for sale these days at $2900, they must be breeding them!

SCAM!

·
Registered
11 Posts
$2900

??

OK...I know I'm new to this, and looking for a spider just like this, but doesn't this sound a little questionable to you experts and old pros ?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
$2900

??

OK...I know I'm new to this, and looking for a spider just like this, but doesn't this sound a little questionable to you experts and old pros ?

:(Yea, but you always hope that sometime in your life you'll get a bargain.

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
Odds are a '1' is missing in the number......as in the first number. Otherwise I meet your 2900 and raise you 100......:D

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If it was also listed in Sacramento it's phony I'm sure. The New York one has been removed from Carigslist.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Judging by the time it has taken to travel across the country, one might suggest that red is quicker...even quicker than a certain older Spider reaching 135MPH.......
Good god I beg of you - Don't invite trouble:rolleyes:

Spiders cannot go 135 mph - Let's squash this now:p

BTW - what's the deal with this CL posting all over the Country ? Any ideas what this person is up to? And yes, the Red Spider's are the quickest - but we already knew that.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's Bogus!! This is a common scam on craigslist. The scammers will list a car that looks too good to be true for $2900. When they find somebody that is gullible enough to go for it they then tell them that the car is actually in another city than where the buyer or seller are located. They then arrange for shipping, have the money wired to them, and see you later; never to be heard from again. Believe it or not, I've actually heard of people falling for this. For some reason $2900 seems to be their 'hook' price. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yes we all know it's bogus, we're just having fun with it. Now all you guys don't flag it when it gets to San Diego! I really want to scoop this steal up! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts