Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the current wore 195/60/R15 tires and am considering installing 205/55/R15 Yokohama S. Drive tires on the Rota wheels.

If you have a picture of your Spider with this set-up (or similar 205/55/R15) I would appreciate it if you could post a picture so I could see the profile of the car.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Not a great photo, but here's my S3 with Rota wheels and 205/55-15 Dunlop Direzza tires. Centerline yellow sport springs on front. (Head and starter are out now, so the front may be raised slightly).

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Funny, but I still like the TURBURINOS..CAMPONOLO. They are still good looking, and are very light weight. the handling of my S-3 is good, as the unsprung weight is much better. Just a 2 cents..

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,865 Posts
I've personally found these cars look and drive better with narrower tires. But I realize that good tires in 195/60-15 are somewhat limited these days.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kumho ECSTA ASX 195 60 15 front, 205 55 15 rear on Rota 15x7 wheels. When I need to, I'm going with 195 60 15 all around. And while it's true there is a limited selection, there some good choices out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All, I was wondering where folks are buying the Rota wheels from, is there a place to buy them in Canada? Also is there a part # for the 15 X 7's to get the right fit? thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
What are the ride differences between 195/60-15 and the 205/55-15? Which tire size is preferred and why?
As Gubi pointed out, some find handling easier on narrower tires. Less rubber to push around the road, especially without power steering. Also, as you change the rolling circumference of your tire, so goes your speedo. In your example, your speedometer would read about 1.8 miles faster with the bigger tires in place.

The original tires designed for my car were 185-70-14 and there's a lot to be said to sticking with original design (IMHO). I now have 15 x 7 inch rims so the closest tire I can buy to the original for rolling circumference is a 195-60-15. You can google calculators to figure this out. This addresses tire circumference and tire height. The benefits of going with a wider tire is about dry grip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts