Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey BB,

I recently rescued a 1991 S4 Spider which was sitting for many years in my dads carport. Since I cannot leave good enough alone, I've decided to give it a lot of love and make it into a canyon carver and occasional track day car.

I want to do some upgrades to the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires in efforts to allow more performance driving. I have SS brake lines ordered and some high temp fluid. I am looking for the right brake pads and rotors next since they both need replacement anyways. I'm currently running IAP red springs which came off of my old GTV and brand new Koni yellows, I will be rebuilding the front suspension this weekend with all new joints and adjustable upper control arms, I am running lightweight 16x7 wheels with Falken 615K semi-race tires. I was just hoping for some tips on setup from guys who run these cars hard. What's a good baseline damper setting for the Konis? Are bigger sway bars recommended for track duty? Right now the car grips very well but suffers from heavy body roll. I have the Konis set full soft all the way around. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

[/url]Untitled by vespam5, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like you're off to a good start. Yes, the front and rear sway bars....don't forget urethane bushings...are essential. My car is set up a lot like yours, and the bars/bushings were one of the things that made the biggest difference. I also installed IAP's high lift cam, K&N air filter, and removed the silly resonator..leave the silencer at the rear on, though.

No matter what you do, though, you wont keep up with the newest Honda Civic, but that's not the point. In terms of adding to the overall experience, these updates make a big difference in fine tuning the personality of the car, which often seems so diluted with a lot of the necessary compromises for 'Federalization" and such.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts