Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the correct factory clamp that holds the coolant overflow bottle to the firewall for the Series 4 Spiders. For some reason, my 1991 Spider bottle is secured in place with a large zip tie.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the bump Edward. According to Centerline's website, the coolant bottle changed for the S4s and comparing pictures I doubt the clamps are interchangeable with any earlier series Spiders.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! What I find most odd is the fact that's missing at all. A coolant reservoir clamp is not something one normally fiddles with on a recurring basis, if at all, especially on a lower mileage, later model car.
It's just odd.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Hi Jim,
It is often necessary or helpful to remove the coolant reservoir to access a number of items below it for maintenance/repair, and sloppy mechanics will either misplace the clamp/strap, or due to the awkward difficulty of replacing it, just omit it when replacing the bottle, as the coolant overflow bottle seems to sit in place fairly well without the straps.
The metal clamp/strap is actually somewhat difficult to install, as both ends have to clip in place, and tension has to be maintained on both ends (separately) while the bottle is lowered/fit inside. Not too easy to do with only one set of hands, but it can be done.
You will see what I mean when/if you get another bottle clamp assembly.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alfa311 did you find your Series 4 clamp?
I want to thank all that have responded, but so far everyone that has responded, has the clamp for the earlier Series cars that is different.
Still on the hunt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts