Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I would like gain a few degrees on my seat base for a more comfortable driving position and wanted to know if anyone has ever added a small wooden wedge under their seat rales.

Thank you for continuing to teach a newbee.

Gene

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have seen many Spider owners add a stack of wide "body washers" under the L&R front rail attachment points to raise the front of the seat bottom. Depending on how many washers you choose to use, you may need longer bolts.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
S4 seat tracks usually have thickish hard plastic washers (2 per seat) installed and a metal plate (the metal plate is not even in the S4 parts book, but they all have them!)
this is a photo from a recent thread.
s4 seat spacers.jpg

once you remove the seat you will be able to tell what yours has (or doesn't).....those seats are a pain to get out, and more so to get back in...nothing seems to align properly ...oh well;)

I found some new ones in an italian shop, as some of mine were split.
spacers.jpg

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,564 Posts
As a former seat engineer who has seen the forces exerted on a seat during a crash I would use steel if possible. A couple washers, or a small steel plate with a hole drilled in it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
For safety is important to use the correct length after increasing height with washers. A bit of a hasslemto get them in though. And in general steel tends to rip when overtensioned, therefore I use just the standard and more fexible bolts. I dont think the material of the washers is important. According to Alfa, plastic will do...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AGS2-W09 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you replace the hex bolts, please replace them with Allen bolts and anti seize
Allen bolts are much easier to install and replace in the seat tracts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the responses, I know what this weekend’s project is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts