Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone confirm the correct location of the spacers between the seat rails & floorpan on an S4 Spider? I'm certain mine were incorrectly installed as the seats were crooked. I have 2 thick & 2 thin black plastic spacers (approx 15 & 8mm), also 2 rectangular steel plates.

If all else fails I'll mess around with a level, but I'd prefer to know the correct factory locations. Many Thanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd be curious about this, as well. I find myself sitting much higher in my '92 than in my '87 or '74. The '92 has newer seat foam and upholstery, but I don't think that accounts for all of the difference I'm feeling.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Spacers locations for an S3 (maybe same as S4)

This maybe the same as an S4 as according to IAP the seat pans are the same. (Not the seat cushion, but the pan.)
On an S3 the (2) black plastic spacers go on the locations on the outside of the car (front and back). The square plate goes on the tunnel side in the back. A metal washer like spacer goes on the tunnel side in the front.
Try this arrangement out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Todd:

So I'm guessing one can leave the spacers out and the seat will just sit lower? It's been several years since I've had the seats out of any of my cars. The last time was when I put a set of late Veloce-type seats in my '74, and IIRC I didn't use any spacers then.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
This maybe the same as an S4 as according to IAP the seat pans are the same. (Not the seat cushion, but the pan.)
On an S3 the (2) black plastic spacers go on the locations on the outside of the car (front and back). The square plate goes on the tunnel side in the back. A metal washer like spacer goes on the tunnel side in the front.
Try this arrangement out.
Yes this does sound right.

·
Registered
366 Posts
seat spacers

Hi Todd:

So I'm guessing one can leave the spacers out and the seat will just sit lower? It's been several years since I've had the seats out of any of my cars. The last time was when I put a set of late Veloce-type seats in my '74, and IIRC I didn't use any spacers then.
The black plastic spacers that go on the outside are about 4x as thick as the metal square plate and washer spacer that go on the tunnel side. If you leave all the spacers out, your seats will lean to the outside of the car slightly. Also, it may make the seat movement mechanism hard to work, but I'm not sure as mine has the spacers.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks, Todd, I'll have to do some experimenting. My '74 has the later Veloce-type seats, but only original rubber floor mats, so perhaps that's why I don't have any issues with the seat adjusters. I'm happy with the height of the seats in the '87 and '74, but I feel a bit too high up in the '92.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts