Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remember correctly the left side button on the lower console for my S3 spider was for the rear fog lights. Is that what this unused harness is for in my S4?

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,475 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's for the heated rear window on the optional hardtop.

US S4 never had rear fogs. IIRC there's actually a different bulb layout in the rear clusters between the US and Euro cars, but I could be mis-remembering.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
that'll be for rear fogs when fitted (Euro cars), but what is called an "available switch" on the US wiring schematic (page 40-9)....a blank

If the optional hardtop was fitted from new, then you got the optional double switch which combined hardtop rear screen demister and hazards........if you retrofit a hardtop, then you need to buy this double switch and replace the single hazard switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
US S4 never had rear fogs. IIRC there's actually a different bulb layout in the rear clusters between the US and Euro cars, but I could be mis-remembering.
You were right about this,Tom! The brake lights on my Japan (US spec) car are where the fog lights are on the Euro car, set in from the tail lights. In the Euro car the brake light is the second of the dual filaments in the tail light bulb.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,475 Posts
Yeah, I remember that because I came across a rear fog switch and was wondering if it was as simple as just popping it in. My conclusion at the time was that it wouldn't work because of the cluster differences.

Maybe possible with some bodging but I didn't really look into it further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts