Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The owner's manual documents the row of fuses at the bottom of the fuse box but does not mention the three fuses that are underneath the plastic cover above (circled in the photo) as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what these fuses are for?

The lower left and upper right fuses under the plastic caps are red, I believe 7.5a or 10a. The green one is a 30a fuse and is the highest rated fuse in the car. I know that one involves the two cooling fans because I replaced it once. Does it protect more? 30 amps seems a lot for two fans. I have no idea what the other two fuses do.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tom. The 30amp is just for the cooling fans apparently.

And now I know where the flasher relay is too. Seems easy to get to. I had to replace the flasher in my wife's MB SL and had to take off the steering wheel and the entire instrument cluster to get to it.

And they say Germans are the best engineers...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was testing my fuses to see if I had blown one for the brake lights. I tested fine. Some fuses are keyed which means the key needs to be on for them to be hot.

Why however, are so me of the fuses not hot when keyed off OR on? Do some fuses just not light up a 12v tester? Am I missing something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts