Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic has a reasonably inexpensive carpet set available for a S4. I inquired if it would fit a S3 and they said it’s “possible”. It’s a bit expensive for shipping to the US so I thought I might ask here if anyone has tried to fit a complete S4 carpet set into a late S3 (11/88 prod).

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
I cannot see why a carpet "for" an S4 wouldn't fit your 88.
(these reproduction sets are not a great fit for the S4 either, by what I have read;))

remember the original carpet for S3 and S4 was a one piece formed carpet......so nla anywhere....the ones on offer are lots of bits you have to somehow jumble together.

·
Premium Member
1989 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, you are correct that the original is a one piece molded unit and that all replacements I’ve seen are multiple pieces.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Classic has a reasonably inexpensive carpet set available for a S4. I inquired if it would fit a S3 and they said it’s “possible”. It’s a bit expensive for shipping to the US so I thought I might ask here if anyone has tried to fit a complete S4 carpet set into a late S3 (11/88 prod).
I bought some from them for a 1990 recently and it looks the same as my 1991

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I bought some from them for a 1990 recently and it looks the same as my 1991

The U.S. spec 91 to 93's have a lot n more cut outs in the carpet for the really big knee bolsters. S4's in Europe have the same style knee bolsters as the 86 to 90 S3's here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts