Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 92 spider is going to be painted soon. To save some $$ I'm have removed mirrors, door handles, bumpers and some trim. The badge recessed in the front bumper needs replaced. How do you remove it? looks like two pins are press fit however a punch and light hammering does not budge it.

Also, can some tell me where to locate these rubber "bumpers" attached to the bottom of the nose just above the bumper? I'm missing one!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
The badge may have adhesive in addition to the friction pins. To remove the badge you will have to be more deliberate with the hammer, or use a heat gun to relax the adhesive some.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the badge removed. More involved than I had thought. Here are a few pictures that might be useful to others. First, the "pins" that I was hammering with the punch were not the pins on the badge!!!!!!!!! They were the end of the rivets that held the cast metal piece attached to the metal inner frame of the bumpper.

"Pins"- rivets

So what I had to do was unscrew the metal reinforcement frame that runs most the length inside the bumper. Once removed you can drill out the rivets and when removed you will see this:

Lift out the cast piece and you will then see the pins/clips of the badge:

The badge is now EASY to remove.

Now I need help with this. I need to find these clips for the BACK bumper.

These clips were missing from my rear bumper. Plastic tabs on the bumper slide through slots in the metal inner bumper reinforcment and then are secured to the bumper with the clips pictured(from the front bumper)

Anyone know where I can fine these????????????????

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,305 Posts
Try a body shop supply store if you can find one nearby. The one near me has a ton of random fasteners like that for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts