Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Working on my winter car at the moment ;)

The Spider hasn't been out for a while, but I did carry out this repair. First time, I soaked the garage floor in fuel. Second time, it was running smoothly and has done so for at least a handful of drives before I put a cover on it.

I did not notice the starting/stalling issue again, but since I have only driven it a couple of times, I did not quite cross it off the list yet. The idle and acceleration is still rough. What certainly hasn't improved is my thick fuel mixture but don't really know where to start here...

I will look into my notes and let you know what my next steps are! And I still want to visit you, spiderserie4 :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Update: After driving the car numerous times, I have to say that the situation has improved dramatically. I still don't get an instant start (1-2 seconds are needed), but it does not take 3-4 seconds anymore. Furthermore, the car has never stalled on me again and I have not had a fuel stench ever since.

After cold starts, I still get a rough acceleration every once in a while, but that's about it at the moment. It will undergo an exhaust test soon to see whether the rough mixture has improved.

All thanks to you guys :)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts