Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfisti,

I have two sets of tail lights for my '84 Spider and if I could remove all of the best lenses and put them into one housing, I'd have a nice looking set of tail lights. Is it possible to remove the tail light lenses only on an S3 from the black surround or is that one entire molded piece?

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Unfortunately, the S3 tail lights lenses are single complete units (including the side markers).

I suppose if someone were patient and determined, handy with a Dremel, and had the proper adhesives, an attempt could be made to separate and re-assemble sections, but it would be a tremendous undertaking, and the appearance of the seams (as well as the strutural and moisture integrity) would probably be compromised.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right, I forgot to mention that the problem was a couple of cracked lenses and missing side marker lenses. I started with the cutting out and replacing the side markers using a Dremel tool and X-Acto blades as Norseman suggested. It looks pretty good to me.

I'm going to try the inner lenses, too. You can see a side marker that I've replaced and a cracked tail light that will be next on the list.

Thanks,

David

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts