Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rear deck out recently and happened to notice a difference between the way the seat belt guide hooks were secured to the flanges in the rear wall. I'm not sure if this is correct, or if a previous owner or mechanic failed to re-assemble them correctly.

The first photo below shows the bolt that secures the chrome guide behind the driver's seat. Note the only washer present is a nylon one just under the bolt head.

The second photo shows how I found the bolt securing the passenger side seat belt guide loop. Notice how this one also contains a nylon washer between the bolt head and the guide loop bracket, but in addition, there are plenty of other metal and nylon spacers and washers, which prevented the loop bracket from seating flush against the flange.

Is this the way it should be? Both different? Or is one of them correct and the other incorrect? Should some of the spacers or washers on the passenger side rear bolt actually be used on one (or both) of the floor mount assemblies?

Can anyone explain (or provide photos of the associated hardware) so that I can understand how each of the seat belt sections (or at least these rear chrome belt guide loops) are supposed to be secured?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts