Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The two covering cooling systems are now merged.

Batmn1968: You aren't doing yourself any favors by starting multiple threads on the same topic. People respondering become confused and stop contributing at some point. Please keep thing simple.
Sorry, i am new to this site. I wasn't sure if i responded to someone that everyone would see it, and I honestly didn't understand the site. I have never been part of a forum. For some reason part of me thought my post would be so far back, that I needed to repost every so often for people to see it. I think I saw it like Craigslist where you as goes so far down that no-one really sees it after a day..lol. My bad, and I honestly appreciate the advice. I really had no intention of making it more confusing. I need to read up more on the site. I just got on to ask a couple questions, and I got caught up when everyone was being so helpful. Everyone please accept my apologies as I really do want to be a respected part of the community and this forum.

Let me start over. I'm Darrell. I just got any first Alfa Romeo. It's a 1985 Graduate Spider...lol. I try to be humorous. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
17,158 Posts
Let me start over. I'm Darrell. I just got any first Alfa Romeo. It's a 1985 Graduate Spider...lol. I try to be humorous.
Welcome to our asylum!

For some reason part of me thought my post would be so far back, that I needed to repost every so often for people to see it.
Nope, when you reply everyone sees it and it also 'bumps' your thread (the whole Q & A series) to the top of the page.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Welcome to our asylum!

Nope, when you reply everyone sees it and it also 'bumps' your thread (the whole Q & A series) to the top of the page.
Thank you..i live in Ft myers, Florida, and I need a thermostat and radiator cap. I don't guess anyone knows wherei can get one do they? I know of Centerline, but I was hoping for the off chance that I can find locally..lol. Fat chance I assume?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Lol. My car temp gauge acts like it's overheating, but i don't see any bubbling in the overflow and there is no sounds coming from radiator. But it just died on the road and sounded like an a car sounds when it overheats. But still again, even when I take my overflow cap off, it doesn't blow steam nor does it overflow. Oil on dipstick looks good to. I did mention before that there is a almost constant buzzing sound coming from behind the passenger seat. It seems to have gotten worse. I feel like it is coming from this picture. Could this be the reason that it died like it did? But it did sound rough when it died and wouldn't start back up. I'm letting it cool down on for 30 minutes or so in the hopes of some advice..thank you so much

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,084 Posts
Aluminum heads dont take well to overheating. You can cause expensive damage allowing it to overheat. Find your issue before you drive it. The buzzing is probably the closest device in the pic, you car will run without it. It has a vacuum line from the plenum hooked to it take it off and plug it. Did you remove the bled plug like you mentioned? Pull a heater hose and start the car to see if the pump is pumping like suggested?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Aluminum heads dont take well to overheating. You can cause expensive damage allowing it to overheat. Find your issue before you drive it. The buzzing is probably the closest device in the pic, you car will run without it. It has a vacuum line from the plenum hooked to it take it off and plug it. Did you remove the bled plug like you mentioned? Pull a heater hose and start the car to see if the pump is pumping like suggested?
Ok..i will do.

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
73 Posts
You should be able to get a cap and thermostat at any good NAPA parts store. As for the bleeding, an old mechanic taught me this a long time ago. Get the nose of the car as high as you can.....A large curb. A steep driveway. I like to jack it as high as I can and put it on jack stand both sides. Then run the car without the cap. Add coolant as needed, but keep an eye on the temp.. If it starts to run too hot, shut it off and let it cool. Then do it again. The air bubble(s) will eventually work their way to the top and out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts