Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i disconnect this without effecting other electronics and where is it located exactly?

i am fed up with the buzzer. i hate it. i want it dead and ghosted

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
there seem to be 2 types...depends on year
there were 2 little white gadgets located on the steering column...earlier type
then there was a relay with its own buzzer, mounted on the left inner panel, above/behind the fuse box.

Fairly sure you can disconnect it w/o affecting anything else

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
easy, just pull a wire from it. Mine was disconnected but decided to hook it up to see how dodgy it sounded. Its annoying as hell, bit ive left it hooked up :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am right there with you. I couldn't reach the buzzer but got lucky when I disconnected a black wire, with an in-line connector, under the steering column. The only downside I've noticed so far is opening the passenger door doesn't turn on the interior light. A sacrifice I'm more than willing to make.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Funny,

Our '85 Graduate (flood car from Hurricane Sandy in 2012) has been a journey. Virtually EVERYTHING need attention on some level, with the exception of the "key in ignition lock" buzzer. When I first energized the electrical system the buzzer came on as it should. As annoying as it seems I have a need to keep it in place. BTW, I did change over to Weber carbs and never looked back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts