Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys on the boards have been great as I sort the FI system on my S3 Spider. I've got her running good and she starts instantly. I don't have an exhaust gas analyzer so I'm not sure how good things are. Prior to this it would die at idle and failed smog with HC about 2X requirement.

Today I was starting to replace my fuel pressure regulator. When I pulled the vacuum line gasoline ran out of it. I'm pretty sure that means a diaphragm that's gone but I'm perplexed as otherwise the car seems to be running pretty good.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I do not have experience with this device, but I would think the diaphragm is faulty. It would follow that pressurized fuel is being introduced into the intake manifold via the vacuum hose.
Good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was amazed the car ran pretty well. But since I changed out the FPR and a couple of other things, CSI, O2 sensor and idle circuit O ring she's purring like a kitten.

Thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
You are welcome. I have found this online forum to be an invaluable resource. thanks to all involved.

It is funny, our cars will run with all kinds of things not operating correctly, and when we get all (or most) of it dialed in, they really rock

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Replaced?

I hope you replaced your 993 with something even better?

Our 930 is the queen of the fleet, a 355 is on my short list, but business has been tough so we are in the Alfa spider. Life isn't too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts