Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Someone much wiser than me once said “There is no accounting for taste...”.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just refurbished my black bumpers: sanded, skim coated with plastic filler where needed, sanded, and painted with bumper paint. Looks like new...A lot more affordable than a Euro replacement, is original....and actuallly its starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Someone much wiser than me once said “There is no accounting for taste...”.
A quotable statement, especially if you take the original Latin translation instead of the Western interpretation and usage of the saying.
I have never been a follower. One that stays within the lines of normalcy. I am a mover, a shaker, a person that thinks out of the box. This IS my strength and it has served me well not only in my hobbies but made me an innovator in my profession, the person others look to for ideas and possibilities to problems not typically solved or addressed by conventional thinking. To those who dare not step over that line or create their own path, find comfort in your " walk the line" methods. I cannot.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Having large, heavy objects at the extremes of the car has a negative effect on the handling. Anything that you do to reduce the weight of the bumpers will make your Spider more nimble. The improvement in handling when US spec bumpers are replaced by Euro bumpers is well worth having.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Nice. Too bad they dont make a euro conversion for the S3....
Sure they do. You need

Bumper and grill kit.
Upper and lower S2 nose panels.
Both front S2 fenders
Trunk lid
Upper and lower S2 rear panels
Both rear S2 quarter panels.
S2 taillights.
Other small parts.

There was a Alfa supplier in Germany that was selling a complete kit. I think it was around 5 to 6 grand about 10 years ago.

Or you could just buy an 82 Spider. Bosch injection and easily converted back to euro bumpers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sure they do. You need

Bumper and grill kit.
Upper and lower S2 nose panels.
Both front S2 fenders
Trunk lid
Upper and lower S2 rear panels
Both rear S2 quarter panels.
S2 taillights.
Other small parts.

There was a Alfa supplier in Germany that was selling a complete kit. I think it was around 5 to 6 grand about 10 years ago.

Or you could just buy an 82 Spider. Bosch injection and easily converted back to euro bumpers.
LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
A quotable statement, especially if you take the original Latin translation instead of the Western interpretation and usage of the saying.
I have never been a follower. One that stays within the lines of normalcy. I am a mover, a shaker, a person that thinks out of the box. This IS my strength and it has served me well not only in my hobbies but made me an innovator in my profession, the person others look to for ideas and possibilities to problems not typically solved or addressed by conventional thinking. To those who dare not step over that line or create their own path, find comfort in your " walk the line" methods. I cannot.
Wow! And humble too :).
Good for you. The world needs your kind.(y)

Frankly, I’m a humble person...and deservedly so.

best

·
Registered
450 Posts
I may be getting in over my head here but, I would add another (mirror image) white strip(s) on the drivers side of both hood and boot. When I first glanced at the front, just for a second, I though the grill was off center. Hey that's just my thoughts.
I know, I know. 😉👴

N.B. On another car forum I am known as "(GRANDPA GRUMPYPANTS "

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I may be getting in over my head here but, I would add another (mirror image) white strip(s) on the drivers side of both hood and boot. When I first glanced at the front, just for a second, I though the grill was off center. Hey that's just my thoughts.
I know, I know. 😉👴

N.B. On another car forum I am known as "(GRANDPA GRUMPYPANTS "
That grille is just hanging there by masking tape, I wanted to get an idea of what it will look like. I need to cut some notches in the bumper to move it back a bit and tilt it at more of a downward angle. The rally stripe is going away when I take the car to the paint booth but that is after all the mechanical work is done.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like your out of the box thinking. I was studying the picture with the Alfetta grill. It looks a bit small in the space provide for the grill. Here is a thought --- take the original grill and cut it vertically, about an inch or so. This way you can use it as a backing plate for the Alfetta grill. To give it a modern look --- the black chrome would look great on all of the shiny pieces. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I like your out of the box thinking. I was studying the picture with the Alfetta grill. It looks a bit small in the space provide for the grill. Here is a thought --- take the original grill and cut it vertically, about an inch or so. This way you can use it as a backing plate for the Alfetta grill. To give it a modern look --- the black chrome would look great on all of the shiny pieces. Keep up the good work.
Great minds think alike! I too was thinking of using the original rubber "grille" in part as a mounting place and filler. I was thinking of filleting it at an angle to angle the new grille downward....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts