Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice this past Sunday that my brake lights aren't working. After checking the fuses and bulbs, everything seems fine, other than questionable grounds.

What is the correct bulb number for the brake lights? Mine look like 1158, although the number is hard to read.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought

I notice this past Sunday that my brake lights aren't working. After checking the fuses and bulbs, everything seems fine, other than questionable grounds.

What is the correct bulb number for the brake lights? Mine look like 1158, although the number is hard to read.
My purchase from RockAuto was the 1156, which is also listed for front turn signals and backup lights....:D

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Brake lamp: 1156
Parking lamp, (front and rear): 97
Reverse lamp: 105
Turn signal, (front and rear): 1156
Marker lamp, (front and rear): 194
Licence plate lamps: 105
3rd brake light: Dunno, but rumor has it a certain MY Corvette uses the same rig.

Heater fan rocker switch: 2721 (uses two)
Climate control sliders if hooded lamp is present: 2721
Ignition switch lamp if present: 2721
Instrument lamps (monopod): 194
Curtesy lamps: carry one to the store and match it up, it'll be with the 'festoon' type bulbs
Glovebox: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Underhood light: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb
Illuminated rear view mirror: see Curtesy lamps, same bulb

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I cleaned up the sockets, installed new 1126 bulbs (thank you for the specs), cleaned the grounds, and the stops lights worked...... intermittently...... so, I "adjusted" the brake light switch, got them to work a bit better, but still intermittently depending on how hard I press the brake pedal. I guess I need a new switch.

Then the left turn signal stopped working, so pulled out the old one, used one of my good left over brake lights, added some dielectric grease, as I did with the other ones, and installed the new old bulb. Signals working, and it appeared that the turn signal ground strip in the bulb holder had worn a good sized groove into the old bulb!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts