Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the script-style "Spider Veloce" badge seen on many S3's, mounted on the front fender just behind the front tire, was standard on all Veloces of that series? I have a 1989 without them, and have noticed that on many other 89s this badge is present. I've also seen it missing on some. I know my car had been repainted at one time, so perhaps these were not reinstalled? I wouldn't mind hunting down a couple badges, but can't seem to find any on the usual parts sites.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Pretty certain those badges were standard in '89. They certainly were on '90 model year.

You won't find them new anywhere I don't think but when I needed one a few years ago I found it on Ebay easily. I think i have one in my garage. I'd like to hoard it, but if you can't find two on Ebay or whatever hit me up. I could be persuaded to part with it to an Alfisti in need. Might also try APE....

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Ah here we go. I'll go down in a little while here and confirm these are correct for you but they look right at first glance...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah here we go. I'll go down in a little while here and confirm these are correct for you but they look right at first glance...
Ah, those are the ones! Thank you for taking the time to investigate. Ebay was on my list of sources, and I'll usually go there if the Alfa suppliers don't have the items. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I didn't even notice those badges are replicas when I posted them. Guess that's what you get from a guy sitting on the throne first thing in the morning!

They look right though. Here's "the real deal" for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ebay seems to have options. Looking in the 'sold' field I see there were a couple great deals recently, and one of them in my own state of Vermont, which is rare. I've bookmarked a search, now I wait.......

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's your lucky day. In an unrelated search, I was looking for a part ( Wanted - 83-94 Spider Drivers B Pillar Trim with Double Latch ) and started talking to "Jett" who also sells on eBay. I was getting ready to order the B pillar part so I scanned his eBay listings for something else I might need to, to save on shipping when I noticed he had two NEW scripts for sale!! Alfa Romeo *SPIDER VELOCE* 82 to 90 side script *NEW* Set of 2 | eBay They are copies but most of the orginals, I've seen are corroded with serious failures. Buy from him, not eBay. Good luck Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts